SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_28126706

Variable Refrigerant Flow Zoning HVAC?

User
7 years ago

With our new house build after speaking with a buddy who is an engineer and designs commercial HVAC systems, his suggestion is to go with a Mitsubishi CityMULTI VRF system and still retain the ductwork. After reading and reading and then rereading his emails and watching countless Youtube vids and reading quite a few studies on these units, it just makes sense. Our house will be right around 2,600 sq ft with 2 stories plus a loft. There are only 2 of us. I work out of my home office which will be in the loft and the wife works and is out of the house for the day. It does not make sense to have the entire house cooled to say 75 when I am only really needing say 250 ft of it cooled and we can turn the tstat up in the other zones.

From everything I have read to the average lay person, it is something to consider. The only immediate downfall is cost since they're significantly more than a traditional HVAC. Anyone have any input or experience with these in the residential setting. We are in Pensacola, FL and 8 out of 10 people are using heat pumps for the cooler months and is does get down into the 20's here and there in the winter.

Here's a link: http://www.mitsubishipro.com/en/professional/products/heat-pump-systems/city-multi-vrf/city-multi-vrf-heat-pumps---outdoor-units/k-generation-y-series

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals