SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cold_latte

Removing receiving wall on tub/shower combo. Crazy idea? Shower head?

Cold Houzzer
7 years ago

Hi all,

Question:
We are about to remove the receiving wall in an alcove tub that has a shower. Is that crazy? What kind of shower head should we use in an alcove tub with the receiving wall removed (toilet right next to the removed receiving wall)?

We were initially going to put a glass panel there, but now considering trying it out without the the glass panel and see how much splash we get (based on input from a store). Has anyone experienced this? Would a rain shower do the trick? Would have loved a Speakman! Thank you :)

More info:
this is a hallway bathroom that guest and (supervised) kids will use, small and long (5' X 12'). Layout: vanity, standard alcove tub with shower (with enclosed on three sides with full walls), then toilet in a nook behind the bathtub receiving wall (which we want to remove to open the space up / get more light from the window into the tub area), small window next to the toilet.
I have ordered a double apron alcove tub so I will not longer need to make a small pony wall between the toilet and the tub to set the tub. I have also ordered a swing door to replace the shower curtain (4 ft' long door, with a break in the middle, nice and easy foldaway type).

Comments (2)