Question for Vee and/or Anglophiles
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (49)
Related Discussions
$500 tour--hosta portraits--& more!!! pic hea--vee!!
Comments (19)Of course, *I* got the *$500* version--and my hubby was VERY PATIENT!! I was SO proud of him. I thanked him over and over for this opportunity and he just kept saying, "I just really loved seeing you so happy and enjoying yourself so much!!!" Is he a 'keeper' or what!!! Now you know how we've made it 41 yrs. and 'yes' it goes both ways! :o) Cynthia--with the *$500* tour, 'Colby' is included as co-host!!! Ken is pretty adamant about the 'etiquette' on his tours--be informed!! hehehe I think 'Colby' may be far more lenient about them, though! Actually--ken was a VERY tolerant host and hosta-tour-guide! He had to answer so many of my questions, and never really gave much of a hint of the weariness he MUST HAVE felt!! :o) Okay, ken--that's all of you--I know you want the *hosta* to be the focus, but these scenes, caught from Steve's vantage point, just begged to be shared and 'tagged'! :o)...See Morestupid newbie question...
Comments (1)Hello ! Easy to answer :-) Viola (general latin name) is the family. In that family there are 2 members: pansy and violet. Violette is just the French for violet :-) The problem: all names started with viola so that U CAN'T make the difference between pansy and violet thanks the name :-( Once when I was a totally newbie I bought a viola Rebeca and discover it was a pansy (YUKY !!!) Take care. Thierry....See MoreQuestion for those of you who've been to England
Comments (11)We have been to England several times over a period of many years. Our daughter studied in London during her junior years of college, due in part to her being an Anglophile, and also due to what she saw on a previous trip with us. It was just enough to whet her appetite for more. The English do take gardening seriously and I think they have an appreciation for just how beaufiful their surroundings are. Most take a great deal of pride in their gardens. In the Cotswalds-my favorite area-there are the most wonderful B&B's in quaint little towns. Depending on the time of year, tea is often served in the garden. Ahhhh lovely! The grand gardens of Blenheim Palace are a sight to behold. Of course, many of the grand old palaces had mulpiple gardeners to take care of the grounds. Even in the city, the tiny front yards of many homes are full of flowers-no grass to mow. I'm all for that. I have attempted a small English-style garden in our front yard and will post pics in the spring when the snow melts. My husband and I have been talking about taking a trip across the pond. Hmmm, might have to get serious and plan it!...See MoreAnother food question
Comments (30)I chose the recipe above because it had 5 stars and 260 reviews IIRC. If you look in the comments, like always, people change the recipes a lot! One women said how good it was, but she had added a bunch of stuff to it, and THEN topped it with gravy! LOL But to me it was blah. Last year i made my first ever strata based on this recipe from Anglophile, below. Yes it is a lot richer but it was much, much better. I think next time I would use Anglophile's as a start and add mushroom and kale. Maybe sub milk for half of the dairy or somesuch. But Anglophile's recipe was delicious!...See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
Related Stories

FUN HOUZZHouzz Quiz: What's Your Decorating Style?
Answer these 9 questions to find out what decorating style suits you best
Full Story
SUMMER FRUITS AND VEGETABLESHow to Grow Your Own Fresh, Sweet Corn
Here's how to plant and care for your own mini cornfield
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES13 Home Design and Decor Trends to Watch for in 2013
It's predictions ahead as we find out what's on the radar of designers and makers for the coming year
Full Story
FUN HOUZZEverything I Need to Know About Decorating I Learned from Downton Abbey
Mind your manors with these 10 decorating tips from the PBS series, returning on January 5
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNKitchen of the Week: More Light, Better Layout for a Canadian Victorian
Stripped to the studs, this Toronto kitchen is now brighter and more functional, with a gorgeous wide-open view
Full Story
CONTEMPORARY HOMESHouzz Tour: A London Book Tower House Worth a Browse
To fit their mountain of books, these owners went big on scale with a double-height bookcase by the stairs
Full Story
HOMES AROUND THE WORLDRoom of the Day: Elegant Open-Plan Living in London
This living-dining-kitchen area in a period apartment is light and refined, with just a dash of boho style
Full Story
DESIGNER SHOWCASES20 Fantasyland Dining Room Designs That Delight
A wonder to behold, these incredible professionally designed rooms take everyday dining over the top
Full Story
BLACKCooking With Color: When to Use Black in the Kitchen
Consider sampling Caviar or Cracked Pepper on your kitchen walls or cabinets for richness and impact
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESLessons in Living Comfortably: Embrace the Scratches and Dents
When you celebrate wear and tear, you send a message that your home is designed for relaxation
Full Story
colleenoz