SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weirdcatlady

Next question about the Great Cat Pee Catastrophe.

MizLizzie
7 years ago

So, while I wait for you kind people to tell me how to get the rust out of my sheets, let's talk about couch cushions. I took the cushion covers off--they are good, sturdy cotton/poly--so I think they will wash OK. I used Borax and Gain and washed them on warm. I have hung them up to dry, as I'm afraid to put them in the dryer. They look clean and smell good.

The cushions themselves are foam wrapped in a fluffy white substance, the kind of stuff you would stuff pillows with. (A same or similar stuff was loose inside the throw pillows, and I have cut the seams, removed it, tossed it, and washed them with the cushion covers.). Only two corners of the cushions had a urine smell. I peeled the fluffy white stuff off and soaked all the surfaces, including the fluffy white stuff, with Narure's Miracle for Cats. In the past, this has worked wonders for me. But this will be a challenge. If there is still a smell , what are my options? I do have some Febreeze in a pump bottle, but I don't use it much because I am not sure what is in that stuff. Should I next soak them in that?

I'm not even going to attempt to save the mattress on the sleeper sofa. We are going to haul it down to the garage and take it to the dump. OK, I just heard the Speed Queen click off. My down couch throw and my wool blanket have finished. I washed them in Woolite. Fingers crossed . . .

Comments (7)