SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erinni

Advice for Meyer Lemon Tree

erinni
7 years ago

I got my Meyer Lemon Tree sometime in February. Going by its size, I'm guessing it's not over a year old. I feed it once a month with EB Stone( Citrus and Fruit Tree Food). I also have rocks in the bottom of the pot for good drainage and to prevent root rot. I make sure to not over water it. And the soil pH is 7 (if it does even better with a more acidic soil, I would LOVE to know what specifically I can add to the soil!). With that said, onto my concerns... I'm pretty sure the darker colored leaves got a little sun burned and the lighter colored leaves are just lighter because it's new growth. However, the tiny lemons forming are throwing me off as to what's going on or if everything I'm noticing is normal. The little lemons forming were dark green like the leaves that are dark green. Today, I noticed that the lemons are now a light yellowish greenish color and they changed color almost overnight...like just two days ago, they were a very healthy looking green color. Are they ripening too fast? Are the leaves that are lighter actually not new growth and the tree has a deficiency? The leaves that are a lighter green have been that way for over a month now and again, the lemons just now started looking this way. Perhaps everything is fine and the coloring of the lemons are just part of the process of it turning into full on yellow lemons? Also, while I'm asking questions, what are changes to look for that indicate I need to change pot sizes and how do I figure what the next size up would be? Thank you in advance for helping me out!

Comments (4)