SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
matthew_watts6

Need some advice on meyer lemon tree in phoenix az

Matthew Watts
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I planted a Meyer lemon tree from home depot in late February (2 months ago). It seems to be thriving, it has grown a lot and I have counter over 50 tiny lemons on the tree.

That leaves me to my problem. Most of the leaves are slightly yellow along the edges. I have had 2 or 3 leaves drop off the tree within the last 2 months. Even one little lemon has turned yellow (although the rest are green). What could be causing this?

I am giving it plenty of water, plenty of sun and I just fertilized (with organic fruit fertalizer) it 2 weeks ago but it hasent seemed to help.

Like I said the tree is growing like crazy and the lemons are too but the yellowing is concerning me. Also it is watered on an irrigation system. It gets a half gallon of water at 6:00am and another half gallon at 1:30pm. I have 7 other trees that get the same amount of water and there is no yellowing on those trees. The other trees came from home depot the same time as the meyer lemon tree, so they are around the same size and age im assuming.) My other trees are 2 ficus, 2 gardenia, 1 peach, 1 pomegranate, and 1 nectarine)

Also here is a link for the fertilizer I am using.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Kellogg-Garden-Organics-11-5-lb-Fruit-Tree-Fertilizer-3016/206481458?cm_mmc=Shopping%7cTHD%7cG%7c0%7cG-BASE-PLA-D28O-OutdoorGarden%7c&gclid=CjwKEAjwxoG5BRCC7ezlzNmR8HUSJAAre36jLuNn5nbfmmJBJRDyS4b197uj94m09mg_HvY9HKNdlxoC-hPw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thank for the help

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting