SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kbear_15

How do I build this for a closet?

kbear_15
7 years ago

Not sure if this is the right category to post - please re-direct me if appropriate:

I have a very small entry closet (23''W x 23.5''L) with 9' ceilings and an 18'' wide opening with 1 small single door.

I need to turn this into a broom/tool closet - I plan to:

a) remove builders wire closet system currently in the closet

b) hang my iron board on the left side wall (as shown in the picture below):

c) I have a vacuum that is 3ft high that I want on the floor towards the right wall of the closet.

d) For shelves I would like to have something similar to the picture shown below:

The left side is a picture from the web; The right side is how I would like it to look - I need room for the iron board on the wall on the left; vacuum on the ground on the right; and shelves on the right to start ~40'' off the ground.

(I'll also have one long shelf (23'') along the back wall of the closet tall enough to allow me to remove the iron board off the hooks.

My question is how do I build the shelves as shown below (on the right side) if I don't want the vertical wood going all the way down touching the floor (so I have room for my vacuum)? How do you build this so the vertical wood in the middle stops in mid air and doesn't go all the way down to the floor?

I drew out a sketch of how I imagine the space to look if this helps:

Comments (10)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner