SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcowen0

Paint Selection and Color Flow

Michael
7 years ago

Hi all!

My contractor is about to start painting the second floor of our 1905 house that is being renovated. Boy, picking colors is hard!

Here's what I've come up with:

Flooring in the halls and bedrooms will be 4" red oak stained medium brown with white trim:

The master suite will be in blues. I'm planning to get a beige and blue Persian rug and upholstered bed in beige.

The master bathroom will be Carrara floors with white subway. I want to get this kind of vibe:

The hall bath will be white tile with black accents similar to this:

The hallway and stairs are a beige color that will continue from the first floor. The first floor (not shown) will be open. I'm planning to use a red and blue Persian rug with beige walls and upholstered furniture.

I just continued the same beige color up the stairs and hallway on the second floor because I wasn't sure if I should transition or how to do it.

So, that's what I'm thinking in terms of color. What do you all think?

• Is it too beige? I like the current gray trend but I'm not sure if I could live with it. I like warmer colors and I don't think a lot of white walls and upholstery would work with young kids.
  • Do the colors flow or clash?
  • Are the colors too dark or too light? Should they be more grayed down?
  • Will the Master Bedroom be too dark.
  • I'm a bit lost on the kids room and just picked pink for a girl and blue for a boy. My daughter is only 1. My son is almost 4 and really likes Cars, Transformers, Batman, etc. He'll probably end up with a lot of that kind of action hero stuff in his room, and I'm not really sure how it will look with the blue color. I don't really want to pick a bright primary color, maybe it should be more neutral?
  • Should I pick a different color for the second floor hall than what I have for the open first floor?

I'd really appreciate any and all feedback!

Thanks!

Comments (3)