SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janine09_gw

Critique my paint selections: flow from room to room

janine09
15 years ago

I've come up with a few options on paper only--next step will be samples. Can any paint experts let me know if I'm committing some faux pas or breaking rules re: room flow? All these colors are neutral and subtle which makes it even harder! :)

House has living room on one side leading to the family room. Dining room is on other side (of staircase--colonial style house) leading to the kitchen.

Living room to have pale yellow walls with yellow sofa/chair and dark red chair for contrast. Paint colors: Rich Cream, Windham cream or Philadelphia cream.

Family room connects to living room and to have pale tan walls, neutral couch/rugs. Color will be brought in through pictures and pillows.

Dining room to have beige walls -- either Shaker Beige or Blond Wood. Table is dark wood, chairs are satin beige with green accents. Rug to have green accents.

Kitchen (which connects to dining) is white with yellow walls. Curtain accents to be determined--perhaps green to flow with dining?

I feel like it's a lot of tan and yellow but not necessarily in the right order. Help!

Comments (3)