SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leann_c_hubbard

Fiddle Leaf Fig (Ficus Lyrata) Help

leann_c_hubbard
7 years ago

July 2nd we purchased a 5ft Fiddle Leaf Fig. We just moved and I placed it next to a south facing sliding glass door. After being in the new house I realized that spot really did not get enough sun, and also my beautiful plants leaves were starting to brown on the edges and drop leaves. I was watering only 2 cups a week, so concerned maybe that wasnt enough either on the 21st I gave it a good soak, let it drain, added a shake of Osmocote and moved it to our living room about 10 feet away from 3 large windows that are more north west facing. The room is overall much brighter but only gets direct sun in the late afternoon. It hasnt really perked up so Monday I pulled it out of the pot and found it wasnt draining very well so I lightly trimmed some of the roots and added more drainage and dry soil. Its lost a leaf a day and i'm not sure now if its still not getting enough sun or if i'm paranoid. Should I just leave it alone or is there more action I should take? I knew they cant be finicky but I didnt think it would decline so rapidly! Please advise!

Side with the most brown leaves received the least amount of light.

New spot.
North west windows.

Does not receive light from the furthest left window but some from the door and window to the right.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (8)