SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
maryannlucia

Fiddle Leaf Fig - Oh my Ficus Lyrata! I'm confused!

Mary Baro
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

When I bought this plant 2.5 years ago at Home Depot I was unable to find many resources online and pretty much winged it. This forum is wonderful, generous, and informative but I'm fairly confused about what to do next. My poor girl is 5'6" tall with no branches, a weak trunk, and exposed roots. Her trunk is 3/4" at it's widest at the bottom tapering to 1/2". She's seems happier being outside but I know she's got problems. I took her outside for the summer and propped her against the house hoping she'd figure it out on her own but after reading many technical posts (for my brown thumb anyway) I'm unsure about what to do next. I should mention that I did what I think is a complete no-no and cut her lower leaves when I first got the little bushy plant and she's got a white powdery substance on some leaves. I'm pleasantly surprised she's able to stand up on her own after being propped all summer but would love to know how to help her thrive and get stronger! Any help would be greatly appreciated and will probably save a life! p.s. she's a jersey girl

Comments (2)