Houzz Logo Print
privatejapanesemaplesanctuary

Japanese Maple Seedlings.Picture updates.Mike ~ Gardengal ~ Houzi

privatejapanesemaplesanctuary
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi guys

Do hope all of you are well and you are enjoying your time in the Garden

Below I have included a selection of Pictures of my Japanese Seedlings from this year.

This is my 1st go and I was pleasantly Surprised when I seen how many surfaced.

There have been a few losses but around 100+ are still looking reasonably well.(Hopefully you will agree).

I tried to plant a few seedlings into larger pots and they seem to be doing better than the ones in what I would consider the right size pots for the root size of the Seedlings.Is this perhaps because a Larger Volume of Potting Mix takes longer to dry out ??.Just a Theory.

You will see these Larger Pots in the last 4 pictures

The Larger terracotta coloured pot has a 5" rim diameter and the Larger black square pot have a 4" rim diameter.

All the seedlings were together in a cluster.I have now started placing a few in different locations in the Garden,(Still in their Pots).Also being careful not expose them to Hot direct Sun

I am still slightly worried about the all important watering regime.

I have taken on the advise of Gardengal a good number of weeks ago and applied a very mild,diluted solution of Fertilizer to one of the Watering Applications.

I have been watering these by Misting as Mike suggested a while ago

Any additional advice on the Care of these Seedlings would be massively appreciated

Happy Gardening

Stephen,Cheshire.UK

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions