SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redtizzy

Kitchen Layout Help - 5 doorways and a chimney

7 years ago

We are just starting to discuss a kitchen renovation in earnest. Our house is on the smaller and older end of things. Our current work triangle is fairly large but since my husband and I often cook together with my toddler "helping," it works pretty well. The kitchen is pretty open to the dining room where we eat all our meal so while a bar stool or two might be nice, seating is not needed.

I'd like to move the sink under the window but I'm concerned about giving up the expanse of counter between the range and fridge. I'll probably have to regardless since the range's current position overhanging the doorway can not possibly be up to code. We will probably want a cabinet-depth fridge. I'm ok with moving gas and plumbing. We will be replacing the window so there is a little bit of flexibility there. The chimney is structural so it is staying. We can not afford major structural changes.

I've included a blank graph paper layout and an IKEA planner version that includes the appliances' current positions. At the bottom are pictures that we took before we moved in. We have two kitchen carts under the pass-through space right now. (Is pass through the right term when it's next to the doorway?)

What do you guys think? Where do I start?

Comments (10)