SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ninapearl_gw

i have a secret

Ninapearl
7 years ago

but after you see this, the cat...errr...dog will be out of the bag!

i have been on a list for years to receive a retired show dog from a specific breeder. carolyn bred the dog who won best of breed at westminster this year, a truly awesome accomplishment!!! ALL of her dogs are health tested to the max, as are all of the outside stud dogs she uses. "outside" meaning she does not keep a stud dog herself.

carolyn contacted me last week and offered me this girl...meet "Divine Acres Out of Paradise", call name Eden. eden is 3 years old and carolyn tells me she loves everybody and everything. we talked at length about 3 females in the same house but we are both satisfied that eden and my girls will become fast friends from the get-go. i am beyond excited about this girl!! at 3 years old and known to be healthy (good hips, thyroid, heart, eyes, elbows), she should be with me for many years to come.

since this opportunity has come up, i have wrestled with myself over and over and over again about taking her as opposed to waiting for another dane in need of rescue. this is a chance i will have only once as there are many people on her list. after losing samson at such a tender age, a dog i thought i would have for years and not just months, i have decided to take advantage of this opportunity to have a super well-bred dane. there will be other rescues in my future, of that i am sure. i just need a break from unhealthy dogs after losing 3 danes in less than 18 months.

eden is scheduled to be spayed august 5. it will be 3 weeks before she is healed so i will be getting her sometime in early september. i am only posting this here (not on facebook or anywhere else until she is here with us) because i can't contain my excitement!

hope you all approve! :)

Comments (73)