SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shawn_august

Shower's Tile Grout Will Not Turn White!

shawn_august
7 years ago

This is killing me. My shower is 1 1/2 years old with honed carerra marble hex on the floor (silver-colored grout - brand unknown but can find out) and ceramic tile nearly to the ceiling with Bostik white unsanded grout (G00719-22 BOS DTG 6X5# WHITE H152). I don't believe the contractor originally sealed the tile/marble/grout and I started to develop Serratia Marcescens which required me to re-grout quite a bit of the shower. 100% bleach and hard scrubbing did very little. After the regrout, the grout was white again and I sealed the entire shower using Miracle 511 Spray-On Grout Sealer. After a month, the grout is slowly turning yellow

(https://www.flickr.com/gp/145332759@N08/v9Ws2L). My fear of ruining the marble hex on the shower floor is over and I started to using a diluter bleach solution (32 onces to 1.5 tb of bleach) which cleaned the marble nicely but did little to the cermic tile with the Bostix white grout. Every day I am now using Soft Scrub with Bleach on a white hand towel and scrubbing the grout while completely drying down the entire shower after use. It still isn't white. What am I doing wrong here? My other 15 year old bath has WHITE grout!?

Comments (7)