SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_7179152

My poor nearly leafless tree... how long will it take to regrow?

I live in Central FL and have since repotted this Meyer lemon twice since it started losing leaves due to my heavy handed over fertilizing it recently. I took all the baby lemons off so the plant could restore the leaves (as I read recommended on here to others) and have repotted it just last week with brand new soil, perilite and orchid bark mix so the water can better flow from it.

Moved it to show from another angle

After repotting it and feeding it a small amount of ironite plus (12-10-10) and watering it with BGI's grow and gain all purpose fertilizer I am hoping to see some new leaves come out. (Just today I laid out some used coffee grounds onto the top of the soil to see if this helps (more info found on here).

If this little tree dies I think I may lose hope of growing citrus which is sad since this state is good for that. I have a terrible habit of over watering too. It's in a pretty well lit place in my yard so I know it'll get some happy sun but about how long will it take for me to know whether it might pull through? Any further advice is greatly appreciated!

Comments (15)