SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cynthia_ladnier

Tiny black specks on very tall citrus trees. Help please!

Cynthia Ladnier
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

My parents are elderly so I have to learn how to take care of their trees now. They are very tall and on the kumquats, lemons, calamondin (sp?) and oranges, there are these tiny black specks on them that I can't wash off of the fruit when I pick it. It is now up to me since my siblings could care less about any of my parents' needs including their citrus trees that they've grown for a long time now. I read that it may be thrip damage and poo? How do I treat such tall trees and what do I spray them with? I'll have to travel to do it so I need the most effective thing I can buy to treat them with. Please help me. My mom is dying and my dad won't be far behind her and they planted these trees so long ago that it would be a shame to have to cut them all down when they will be some of the only things I will have to remember them by. Every kumquat out of about the big bucket I picked is covered in these little black dots that won't scrub off even after soaking in a veggie wash solution I made and using a rough scrub pad.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living