SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reesepbuttercup

Help! Newly planted roses are dying!

reesepbuttercup SLC, Utah 6b
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I planted four Pretty In Pink Eden climbers about a week ago. They were 3.5 gallon pots and super lush and healthy. I got them planted in the ground asap and they were looking pretty good, slight drop from time to time but otherwise okay. I didn't ammend the planting hole other than to add a little diluted fish fertilizer. I kept them watered.

Starting a few days ago I noticed some of their leaves were looking wilted and then crispy. I made sure to keep them watered and continued to monitor. They are planted on my NW facing porch. They do get blasted by the searing afternoon sun, but I have other roses planted a few months ago in the same location that are fine. I just started putting lawn chairs in from of the PIP Eden roses to help shade, but I'm not sure it is doing enough. The weather forecast for he next ten days is brutal. Nearly 100 degrees, full sun. It can also be a little windy here and has been lately- hot dry wind.

Anything else I can do? Could I be over watering? I don't want to lose these roses, they were in such great shape a week ago. I am so bummed to see them like this.

One week ago

And now

Comments (10)