SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lalithar

24inch induction cooktop, single small oven, hood

lalithar
7 years ago

I am just starting remodel for a 2 bedroom cottage. The kitchen is smaller and I am looking to get high quality but diminutive versions of all key appliances. This will be our home when we are empty nesters in a few years and until then will be corporate rental. Nevertheless, I want to design the kitchen as if I were to use it. I am very happy with my Gaggenau 36" induction cooktop and combi-steam. I like the knob function for the Gagg induction cooktop and almost 8/10 times end up using the smaller oven (even though I also have the Gagg 27" convection oven). But unfortunately the 24" Gaggenau cooktop is not available in US. Does anyone know if it will be available anytime soon? If not, what is better between Miele and Wolf? Which configuration works better for at least 1 powerful hob that will fit a 9-10" skillet/ pan. Same for the 24" combi oven from Gagg vs. Miele 24" speed oven or wolf 24" - which is better?

On Miele, there seems to be something called connectivity feature that seems to turn on the hood (or perhaps just the light when the cooktop is turned on. Any feedback on whether this is useful or a gimmick? Even if my kitchen is small, I will want a good hood fan which sucks well and is not loud.

thanks!

Comments (2)