SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debra_brown56

In stepparent hell HELP ME PLEASE

Debra Brown
7 years ago

Good day,
I am married to one of the nicest men I've every known. However he is spineless when it comes to his ex and children. They are all overweight morbidly obese. 15 year old and twin 12 year Olds. In the last 2 years I watched the 12 year Olds double in size. The girl wears my size which is women's 12 to 14. The twin boy 12 wears means mediums and large. The 15 year old wears sized 50 pants and 4x shirts. They are succumbing to their mother's eating habits. Dairy queen 3 to 4 x a week and fatty instant foods. The ex is big 300 lbs and so is my husbands sister. ..Really big 450 500 lbs. They all seem to act like their kids being big is all genes. No they are all lazy sorry good for nothing but eating and playing video games. Nothing I say after 29 months has made an impression. My son is bigger. He wears a 40 but did wear 44 until I took him to the doctor to see why he gained 100 lbs in a year and ahalf. He has thyroid disease. He has worked on loosing weight and is now down 45 lbs! He is away at school and has had a girlfriend now has shaped up and cases about his appearance. His self confidence has risen so much. However these 3 stepchildren are getting bigger every time I see them. And the ex plays keep away at her convenience whenever she feels we haven't kissed her a** enough. I'm so sick of living like this. I was a hotel manager and part of my salary was an apartment for just the two of us. Retirement in sight. He started staying where the kids were bc she put him down all the time about living an hour away. After many weeks of only seeing him once a week if I was lucky I quit my job at his urgency of he can't drive back and forth etc. Instead of 45 minutes from his job now has 30 minutes. Not much distance but I had to give up everything. Now I know that was a mistake. Yes these children treat me like an outsider and I am never included in anything since the beginning. They won't interact with me unless is a smart a** remark back or stare blankly at me when I talk to them. I'm ready to die at this point. I stay in my bedroom whenever they are here. The will mot bathe or clean up in any shape or form until he has to order them to respond. All the while under their breath mumbling crap. I hate them and her PERIOD. I'm so sick of our lives never being our own. I'm looking for another job but I fear I have given up the last good job I'll ever get bc of all this drama. When I left my job i agreed to try to spend time with them this summer and turn them around. Crickey like that happened. They only talk to me if they want something and think I will buy it. Their papa gives them expensive items we can not afford thanks to 900 a month in support for these monsters we can't take them out to do anything that isn't free. So more insults daily in txt messages he no longer lets me see. He locked his phone and now I can't see any messages. Its a nightmare. The child support was upped few years ago when the last wife spoke out. They divorced and I fear were headed there. WE LIVE ON 350 a week now. We can't afford to buy food when they are here and she claims them on food stamps so we can't get that either. I have never been so depressed in my life. I do not know what to do. I have had the thought of writing her a letter explaining how bad it is but she's such a vindictive hateful spiteful bloody b**** she will not care. She know I left my job to help but has done nothing but be the same b***** she always has been. My husband has married 2x in 10 years since they divorced due to her having an affair. Each ends in divorce and pure hatred by the wife being divorced. Neither of these women have anything to say positive except I am stupid. I guess I am. I am old fashioned and believe in spare the rod spoil the child. And death till you part. They need discipline and she needs to have a shrink examine her head. I am an ex wife and not fond of my ex bc he cheated but I never played tug o war with my childrens lives and health. I am at my end. I pray ill find another job so icon move into my own place and see him when they are not around. But I fear the resentment will destroy our marriage either wsy. Any suggestions?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths