SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jellytoast

Help me escape Blue Tape Hell - please!!!!

jellytoast
10 years ago

I am trying to get over my fear of commitment when it comes to my cabinet hardware. DH is becoming increasingly fed up with my hemming and hawing, not to mention the hideous blue tape that has been in use WAY too long, and in the interest of marital harmony, I need to move forward with this, STAT! Cabinets are light cherry shaker with slab drawers.

Because the knobs that match my pulls look way too small on the uppers, I plan to use all pulls in a variety of sizes (96mm, 128mm, and 160mm). I've picked out the pulls (see pic below), but deciding about the sizes is giving me fits. This what I have planned ...

Apply the "rule of thirds" as far as which size to use on the drawers (using 96mm on the smallest, 128mm on the medium, and 160mm on the largest).

I do plan to use just a few of the knobs, on the smaller cabinets above the refrigerator and above the range hood.

Here are the areas where I'm stumped:

1) I'm thinking it would look best to use the 128mm on the upper doors as they are quite tall (39 in.) and because the 96mm look a bit dwarfed when I hold them up. But I'm not sure about this. Any thoughts?

(2) I have some lowers that have doors beneath a single drawer (sink cabinet and two others), and I don't know which size to use there. Since they are not nearly as tall as the doors on the uppers, should I use a smaller pull (96mm) on them? Or should I use the same size that I use on the uppers (128mm)?

(3) I have a tall pantry that has a larger door on the bottom with a smaller door on top. I plan to use the largest size (160mm) pull on the large door, but can't decide which pull to use on the top portion ... 96mm or 128mm? The top door of the pantry is in proportion size-wise to the lower cabinet doors. It is right next to the refrigerator cabinet with the small doors where I plan to use the knobs.

I need some opinions. Please help!!!

Comments (33)