SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoosier_nan

A few for a Thursday

We didn't get much photograhy done today. We had strong storms starting yesterday about 4 pm and torrential rains. Some places in our area had hail, but I don't think we did. (I was not at home when the storm started.) We lost power and were without it for about 24 hours. Finally, when the house was getting really stuffy and warm, it came on about 5 this evening. These are the few pictures I got today and yesterday.

Gay Activist has just started blooming in our garden.

Jurassic Pink just started to bloom.

Bob doesn't like Raspberry Butterflies and wants to get rid of it. I kind of like it.

A couple of seedlings to round out the pictures today. This is Chomp X Mitch Lynd showing some serious teeth. Unfortunately, it looks like the scapes are short and the flowers are on the small side.

I know I have posted this one before, but I really like it. The tag says Forestlake Laura Lee Harding X Bass Gibson, but I don't see how that can be. This is a large flower on a tall scape.

I'm not sure if the color on Serena Dark Horse X Baracuda Bay is good enough for introduction. It is a tall, well-budded plant though.

Why is it that the best flowers are on short puny plants, but the tall vigorous plants have so-so flowers?

Nancy

Comments (8)