SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurie_basler

Pic!! I thought this was a mini Stello De Oro, years ago.

Laurie (8A)
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I know this was labeled as a Mini Stello de Oro, when I planted it years ago, and it has been a complete brat ever since. :) Here in Western Washington these lilies grow and are so lovely, everywhere you look, unless your looking right out my front door, as you can see.

Three sad plants grow in the sad circle, below, which I assume is crown/root rot, tho the soil has no odor. I could tell you all the things I have tried to do to coax something other than humiliation and rejection out of these plants, but clearly why bother; It must have been wrong. They are a total mess. They are on the west side of my home, with strong but not intense sun. They do not get watered but once a week or so. It is wet here, but not this year. They seem to be bolting up a bit higher than the soil around them

The second pic is one that is slightly healthier. Does it even resemble a Stella? The grassy foliage is no larger than the grass in my lawn.

I am moving them, but wanted to show them as they are, to some Lily experts first to learn where I went so wrong. Any input will be welcome.

laurie_basler's ideas · More Info

Comments (2)