SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mandyscherer

Plan feedback for farmhouse landscape

farmdrmer
7 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the landscape forums, but have posted a lot during our build in the house forums. We built a white farmhouse in a field last year. We are zone 6b, and I'd like the landscaping to fit the traditional feel of the house. I like flowering plants, bulbs, and structure but it can feel a little "wild". This part of the yard should be low to moderate maintenance and plantings that are deer/critter resistant.

Ive met with a few pros in our area to help with the design. The challenge is that they all do the design part for free, and basically use the same types of plants in all designs. Most of the homes in our area are brick subdivisions, so those designs don't fit well with what I'm hoping to achieve here. I'm working with the landscaper we selected to try and get a little closer in the plan, but I'm not sure we are there yet. I have no idea what to tell him to change though. I'm a little overwhelmed starting from scratch, and don't know much about evergreens. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks so much!

House from top of driveway

Front door faces west, long side of porch faces north

We just had a big storm, that colorful plastic is the kids slip and slide that is covering the steps, they are 8ft long

current modified landscape plan. I love Japanese maples, but I'm not sure they are a good fit for the house style? I don't know what to replace them with.

Comments (6)