SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

Another critter for the imaginary Fairy Garden

caroline94535
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I had posted photos of the bits and pieces I'll put in the fairy garden, when I finally get the old cement bird bath blasted and painted.

One piece was this little - just a tad over 1" long - rabbit. I think she's so sweet.

While I was visiting with Mom in Arkansas, I checked out an antique shop in Mena. Tucked into a display cabinet was another brown rabbit. Of course, I couldn't remember exactly what position mine had her ears in, but I thought "he" would be a good match for the one I had.

I brought him home and introduced them.

Of course, it was love at first sight! And rabbits, being rabbits, no telling what might happen!

He has a label on the underside. I'll take it off and keep it somewhere safe (probably to never be found again!) before putting them in the fairy garden soil.

Mom found this even smaller green frog to add to the project. Since taking this photo I have soaked and lightly scrubbed him (with a soft toothbrush) and removed the decades of dust, dirt, glue, and thick paper. Except for missing a couple of toe tips, (they were missing when Mom found him) he is quite spry and refreshed now, and much, much happier!

Of course, Mr. Froggy wants to go a courtin', so I'll be on the lookout for even smaller frogs! He had a thick layer of tough glue and bits of cardboard on the bottoms of his feet. I think he was part of one of those animal groups we could get way back in the day where there would be three or more tiny critters, usually a family group, glued to a cardboard base.

The Fairy Garden just gets funner and funner!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH