SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elmerjfudd

Watch out for who may be coming your way

Elmer J Fudd
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

An article in my morning paper (I read the SJ Mercury but this link for the story goes to the site of a paper with the same ownership but a bannerhead for a different part of the Bay Area) talks about today being the effective date of a new Califonia law requiring school children to have all recommended vaccinations. An exception is allowed when a physician provides a written note exempting any child that meets specific criteria, such as immunodeficiency or having had prior adverse reactions to a vaccination. The law was co-authored by a California legislator who is a practicing pediatrician.

More interesting, and the reason for the words I used in the heading to this comment, is that the reporter found and interviewed parents who are leaving California to be able to avoid having to comply with the new law. Really! One family is described in this way "She and her husband owned a successful chiropractic business in Palo Alto"

The bottom line is our public health increases because California children will be vaccinated at higher rates and children of anti-vac parents who don't realize that their wrong thinking jeopardizes everyone else get offloaded to neighboring states. I'll bet mandatory vaccination laws will soon be enacted in more states. Especially since we're unintendedly exporting our problems - sorry about that.

Leave California to avoid vaccination law

Comments (27)