SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
owlface

Opinions, please! Owlface edges ever closer to the big reveal.

owlface
7 years ago

We are getting there. I'm in awe of those of you who've done this more than once. This is madness. After the kind of drama usually reserved for afternoon courtroom tv shows, I believe I've found the person to do my backsplash. (Sometime when I've calmed down about it, I'll come back and tell the whole sordid story, but let's just say Judge Judy would have had a FIELD DAY with this person).

So here's my question: I have a boxed out window, pictured below:

My backsplash tile is already purchased and is pictured below:

I'm trying to figure out where to tile. My original plan was to tile the sides and ceiling of the box out, like Equarto did.

HOWEVER, I don't want to tile the wall up above the sink, because We had to put in a beam on the left side of the room, and I think it looks nice to carry the "beam" over-see below.

I do want my tiler to tile the back wall around the window itself (only a tiny bit will show with the window trim, I know), but he's telling me to rethink tiling the ceiling and sides of the box, because he thinks it will compete with the trim on the side of the cabinets.

Typing this all out was complicated and annoying. I hope reading it isn't. Fire away, opinion-havers!

Comments (8)