SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sirjohn_gw

Just finished two bathroom remodels

SirJohn
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Just mostly finished work on the two bathrooms in our 2001 builder grade starter home. Total cost for both rooms was around $6000. Master bath is 11.5x5. No major plumbing relocations and no space additions, but completely gutted. Most of the work done myself, though I hired someone to help with hooking up and setting the new tub, given we had to do some plumbing work to accommodate the larger tub, and I had someone install the tile. Total cost of bathroom was about $5400 with about $1800 being the hired labor on those two items. Original vanity was 48" and we went to a 60" vanity. Tub is a Kohler Expanse, which makes a for a phenomenal shower/tub combo. This is the larger version which is 32" at the wall and 38" in the middle.

We also did our hall bath which our two boys use. This bath is just under 8x5. This was a basic remodel. While purchasing of material and prep work took about two weeks, the actual work in the room was done over a single weekend. Demo/paint Friday evening. Floor, toilet, vanity on Saturday. Hardware/lighting/finish work on Sunday. We left the shower/tub alone, but changed everything else out. Work all done by me with cost of material about $500. The granite top was the splurge item. We kept it basic given the abuse of two boys.

Still a little finishing and decorating work to be done in both rooms(including changing the shower curtains).

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio