SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ravencajun

I hit the jackpot at the habitat store!

We went to look at granite yesterday and it was in the area of the habitat restore I said let's stop we could pick up a few things my husband needed. As we round the corner I actually ran smack into a big wheelchair with my scooter. It was a specialty chair, they are extremely expensive, it reclines does lots of stuff but definitely not something I would use. However sitting right beside that one was a whole row of regular wheelchairs. And the moment I saw one in particular I got very excited and told my husband to get it out for me to look at. I sat in it and kknew this was why we were supposed to go there right then. I said omg I love it, I want it. I doubt most people know much about wheelchairs but having researched as much as I did I knew what I was sitting in. It's a Dalton Jaguar which run in the $800-900 range or more depending where you buy it. It is a lightweight only weighs 32 lbs which is less than mine.

I said is there a price on it? My husband said yes there is $55! And here's the best part it's brand new still has tags on it!

I wanted to get another one for my sister but none were lightweights and not great condition.

The lady said they got a whole truck load of wheelchairs in just that week.

This is such a blessing because my wheelchair was in the flood and water got up into the wheels and controls and brakes and it is rusting badly. We cleaned it up good and oiled it but it's not like it was. I am so happy with the new one. Here's a link to it.

Jaguar

Comments (39)