SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bellesnow

This really happens?!! How long does it take to install new counters?

7 years ago

Our original demolition and installation date were set for this past Wed and Thurs. We get a call Tues and was rescheduled for demolition on Thur and installation on Fri. Thurs arrived and the team came and demolished my old counters and backsplash. Walls looks so damaged but that's expected I guess? Right before they left, the lead guy say the might not be able to come install tomorrow and that the coordinator will call to reschedule if so. We waited. NO CALL. A couple hours later, right before their office was closing my husband decided it is best to confirm. We had rearranged our schedule, took time off, so we can be here for the installation. We called and were informed that installation has been rescheduled for Sunday. So did they plan to just NOT show up on Friday and not even tell us and we are just left waiting? Very unprofessional. She was unapologetic and just said the reason was because some of the original measurements were off and they need to fix it. 3 days we will be without a kitchen....!! My husband think its good they are being so careful about the measurements. So were decided 3 days will be ok. THEN they called my husband today and said installation will be next Wednesday. -.- They need to order a new slab (on them) because there were some measurement miscalculations. My husband always thinking positive say hey at least they are fixing it and will do right by us. I'm worried. What could be a reason they would need a new slab? I'm guessing they must've cut our slab wrong. I "never" thought this would happen, especially to us, but it's happening. We've never had any remodel done, and this first time experience truly daunts me. And it's not even a whole kitchen remodel...just new counters! Well, 5 more days to wait (assuming nothing else goes wrong) until I can have my kitchen back.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert