SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ordphien

How wide does Poseidon get, and can I control the height of a rose?

ordphien
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Basically what I asked in the title.

I bought Poseidon last year, and it's going in the ground this year. But I'm finding conflicting info on how wide it gets. The tag says it gets nearly twice as wide as help me find. I really want to know before I plant it.

So what's your experience? How wide does it get?

And can I manipulate the final height of a few roses? Not by much.

I bought an impulse rose last year, and the only place I had room for it was out front with my other roses. The problem is it's planted kinda in front of some other roses.

The roses it's planted in front of reach about 5 - 7 feet. Unfortunately it too reaches 5 - 7 feet. Which really throws off the flow of the rose bed. I'd love to create height difference.

Can I start trimming one lower and leaving the others higher? So that the one in front gets about 2 feet shorter than the ones in back?

Or will they all just grow to 7 feet tall regardless?

Sorry if that seems silly. I've always just planned my roses to fit the space I had before buying them. Never considered controlling the size of the rose.

Edit - The two roses in question are Stainless Steel. Who is the one in back. And Fragrant Lavender Simplicity. Who's in front of Stainless Steel.

Comments (45)