SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
euhus1

Large gap between undermount sink and quartz countertop - help!

euhus1
7 years ago

We just had quartz countertops installed yesterday in 2 bathrooms. We purchased Kohler Archer sinks because we like a positive reveal and these sinks have a glazed "ledge" visible from the top. Much to our dislike, the sinks were installed with about a 1/4" gap where the sink flange meets the countertop - - instead of the sink butting flat up against the countertop. The fabricator/installer says they were installed that way because the sink flange was rounded, which I question. I've looked at other pictures online of the Kohler Archer installed and I do not see a similar issue. I'm concerned about junk building up in this gap, even with regular cleaning, not to mention it's not what we were expecting and we just don't like how it looks.

Is there anything we can do? Do we have any recourse with the fabricator/installer? Or are we stuck?? One more question - - is it ok that they used latex painter's caulk for all the sealing (that doesn't sound waterproof to me).

I've attached pictures - the "shadows" all the way around the top are the 1/4" gap. For reference, I've also attached a picture of our kitchen sink they installed perfectly, with no gaps...what we were expecting in the bathrooms!

Please advise!

Comments (20)