SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
larsi_gw

Back stock of Original Scent Classic Tide powder :( :(

larsi_gw
7 years ago

I have 6 boxes of Classic Original Scent Tide "he" powder. While I use and buy other detergents, this still remains my all time favourite.

Today was time to open a new box (this is a big occasion...exciting, yet sad since it means nearing the end of my Tide stash).

I have 6 boxes. 3 are very large, 3 are very small sizes.

Naturally the 3 large boxes were thrown away today. I wanted to cry :(

When I opened the 1st box the powder was almost totally petrified. I broke up as much as I could with an ice pick (yes, I am that old...LOL) and then mashed it with a potato masher. I used some...but it did not suds at all. I mean not at all!!! Clothes came out smelling musty and not clean and a few stains remained!

I opened the 2nd box....Same. 3rd box same. Unusable, hard, smells off (not bad, just not how it should)...and results were dismal. It seems the boxes must have gotten wet at one point (they were manufactured in 2010 and 2011). The powder maybe got so wet, it "activated" and then turned into a solid, hard lump.

So I opened one of the 3 small boxes....and it was perfect. I dumped it into an Oxo container. I now have 2 unopened boxes of Classic Tide powder.

So what I thought would be a 5 year supply...just got A LOT smaller today. End of an era is coming sooner than I expected.

Comments (11)