SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommyjoy

Budget bathroom design feedback

mommyjoy
7 years ago

I am trying to finish picking out the pieces for my super low budget 5x7 main bathroom. My family of 5 shares this bathroom but do have a basement bath that is barely functional but will be fixed in the hopefully near future. We are in a neighbourhood where homes are affordable and not fancy at all. I may be looking to sell in the future but that is not something I am sure of so I am pretty much designing this for me. So far I have no particular style in my house because everything needs to be redone.

I am in a very small town 5 hours from any major cities that might have samples etc so I don't have a lot of choice there and have been ordering several pieces online. I already have the toilet, flooring, and faucets and the tub will be here in a couple of days. My house is tiny so I need to make some decisions before the tub makes a permanent home in my living room!

I have the option to purchase a biscuit kohler sink around $50 and after laying my flooring near my toilet I realized that I am afraid to put too much white in the room anyway. I have lived with a mostly pink bathroom for 6 years and even just a white toilet was a huge shock when I changed it!

So my thought is to get the biscuit sink and make a small vanity with white legs and a laminate top to set it in and then do biscuit tiles either with grey and white tiles mixed in or as an accent. I really love dolce vita laminate as well as river gold but I'm not sure I could make that one work in this room.

I have attached a picture of my bathroom now as well as a picture to show the thoughts I have for the design, flooring is grey and cream at the bottom of the picture. I love reading the forums and appreciate any opinions you might be able to give!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths