SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamapinky0

Towels & Sheets in a Front Loader

mamapinky0
7 years ago

I want to report my results now that I've done enough loads to do so.

Sheets, Pillowcases, Duvet covers, mattress covers, and pillow covers. All are white but a few have embroidery, everything comes out brilliantly white and very clean smelling. I don't use FS on these, ever, they come out with that *feel* that tells me there's no detergent residue. My first load did come out kinda stuck together and more wrinkled than usual even for percale and muslin, but since I turned the spin speed from extra high to high, no problems. I am delighted that none of my bedding comes out twisted, balled up or tangled which can be a real pain in a TL'er..so this is wonderful..I'm more than pleased..and throw them in on Allergen for a long HOT wash and I'm ecstatic.

Towels are a different story. All white and I do use FS, a small amount, but they are comming out of the washer and the dryer, scratchy. Where once they were soft and fluffy, they are no longer fluffy, and a harsh scratchyness to them. I ran them thru the quick wash no detergents. .checking for residue but there was none. Should I lower the spin speed? Anyone have some more of that great advice your notorious for?

I am using Heavy duty cycle which for some reason gets very hot on this machine, but these towels are accustomed to hot washes...and no I'm not over drying..haha

Comments (8)