SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
larsi_gw

Living with your Condenser Dryer :)

larsi_gw
7 years ago

If I would have had any idea, or had less fears and misconceptions about Condenser dryers....I would have ordered the Miele Little Giant dryer months ago when I got my LiGi washer. I could have saved time and money instead of buying pristine, but old(er) units (Miele T1415 and PT 7136 Plus) dryers.

I think what REALLY helps the Miele condenser dryer perform so well is the Reverse Tumbling while drying. Many cycles run hot and long, but since nothing gets stuck in a ball or tangled up...there are no wrinkles, creases or bunching up!

I have probably sent our dear Alex Chicago conservatively 50+ messages, questions, and pictures about our matching condenser dryers. THANK YOU Alex!! xoxo

So far every load has come out super soft, un-wrinkled, smooth, cool to the touch and just amazing. Some cycles are longer, OK...most cycles are longer than vented dryers, LOL, but some cycles are almost on par with vented dryers. Today I dried a med. thickness Cotton/Poly queen sized blanket and a bath robe, using the Automatic program...start to finish including Cool Down about 30 mins! :)

Also, as Alex pointed out, due to Condenser dryers drying in a humid environment, I've noticed towels come out much fluffier, softer, thicker and amazing. I generally use the Low Temp option for almost all cycles, but even w/o Low Temp...the temps do not seem that high (you can feel the exhaust heat from the rear vent).

The only downside so far is that the closed environment of my new Condenser dryer, and not exhausting warm/hot air...the scents of all my beloved products are either eliminated, greatly reduced or very altered. I have done about 10 loads so far and I have yet to smell my beloved Tide powder, Spring Bloom softener and not much of my Bounce Bursts. Towels retain a hint/whiff or Bounce Bursts, but Tide and Spring Bloom are just gone :( I kept thinking everything smells strange, but I have asked 3 different people, and they all say everything smells clean and fresh. It is odd, after drying most items smell the same regardless of what detergent, in wash scent booster or fabric softener I use. Everything has a faint, herbal scent...light, clean and slightly strange to me...but everyone likes it. I am not used to it yet.

Comments (23)