SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyofnc

Sometimes You Goof Up, for better or worse?

nancyofnc
7 years ago

I make a 1/2 sheet pan of brownies every week to sell (8 yrs Farmers Markets). For the last couple of weeks they have been really buttery, good but not brownies so much as baked candy! Looked at the 3x5 card I just made up a few weeks ago and lo and behold I've been putting in a pound of butter instead of a half pound. Duh. No wonder everyone liked them. Better or worse?

I splurge-bought an electric digital smoker because I love everything smoked. The 8# pork monster ended up really tasty but only 4 1/2 # of pulled meat after smoking and cooking. The pork was on sale so it really ended up with the same $ as if I just bought at regular price and roasted it in the oven - then I'd get 6 1/2 # finished but without the smoked flavor. Better or worse?

Baked an apple tart in my cast iron 12" that my guests raved about. The difference was that I had fried hot peppers in that pan the day before and since I don't wash the CI with soap evidently some of the oils were still in there to hint flavor the apples. I don't know if I could repeat that though. Better or worse?

My friend gave me two dozen very nice lead crystal cocktail glasses. She buys stuff at garage sales and gifts me with some strange stuff sometimes. These were sand blasted / engraved in lovely Old English Script with the letter E. My last name starts with G, my husbands with W. They are really nice so I decided, that if anyone asks, the initial E is for Everyone. Better or Worse?

Comments (5)