SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavendar

Tuesday tea...on Wednesday : )

Lavender Lass
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I am so used to tea on Thursday, I get busy on Tuesdays and totally forget. Sorry! But today is a good day for tea. It's finally cooling off (last four days in the 90s) and it's going to rain. Perfect time for Earl Grey with Orange Spice.

Mom and I went to the big box stores Saturday and found some wonderful plants, including two star jasmines for the big square planters out front. I love star jasmines and wish they would survive our cold winters. We plant white petunias in each corner of the pot and they grow huge! They end up being just beautiful together. And since the pots are on each side of the steps, all that white almost glows in the evening.

The kitchen garden is coming along, but this heat brought us to a stand still. Hopefully, we'll be able to put in the plants by this weekend and I'll find the front porch again! LOL We got a little carried away at the store, but they only order plants once a year and when they're gone...that's it.

Once we get the garden finished and planted (and we're back to just weeding and watering) I hope to get the kitchen painted. The walls are almost done but we still have the base cabinets on the sink side to paint light blue and maybe the back of the pantry units, too.

So...what are you doing this week? This summer? Is the weather cooperating? And is it nice enough to have tea outside? I hope you are all having a lovely Wednesday and taking time to enjoy a cup of tea....or other favorite beverage : )

Comments (18)