SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alasdair_keith

Do not buy Miele appliances - unreliable

Alasdair Keith
7 years ago

Miele has a reputation for being the premier appliance manufacturer on the planet. I want to love these products - I really do. The aesthetics of these products are second to none. But be warned: this has been our experience:

8 months; 4 out of 7 appliances have failed; 9 service calls; 1 Fridge replacement; and now that (replacement) Fridge isn’t working - we just threw away hundreds of $$ in food.

PRIOR TO INSTALLATION:

Horrible Sales support – unresponsive to quotes and product questions

Delivery issues:

- Freezer was delivered damaged and was not accepted

- Replacement freezer was a refrigerator and not accepted

- Second replacement was also damaged and not accepted

- Third replacement was OK.

SERVICE CALLS SINCE INSTALLATION:

9/14 Combi-Steam oven fault

9/24 Fridge drawer not cooling (adjusted temp - which we had already done)

9/24 Combi-Steam faulty connection

10/12 Fridge drawer still not cooling (adjusted temp again)

10/22 Fridge drawer still not cooling (replaced drawer fan assembly)

11/2 Fridge drawer still not cooling (replaced entire drawer assembly)

11/11 Replaced the Fridge

4/22 Convection Oven – probe replacement

4/22 Dishwasher – valve replacement

5/29 Refrigerator not cooling properly – food spoiled

5/29 Combi Steam – drain not working properly

Appeals for intervention by senior management at Miele USA were met with silence. My hope is should you buy a Miele product that you won’t have a similar experience. But when more than half the products we purchased have failed, sometimes multiple times, are you going to take the chance?

Comments (239)

• HU-195261446
    last year

Wish I'd read this sooner. Bought my 3rd Miele Vacuum 20 months ago. (First 2 lasted 7 years each.) Motor seized up. Chord retractor stopped working. Still has 6 months warranty left. Will they fix it? What do you think? According to them it's my fault. Dirt in the engine. I changed the filters every time I bought a new box of disposable bags. DO NOT BUY MIELE! In my opinion their warranty is worthless. As showm at the beginning of this site - 1 1/2 ☆s out of 5 ☆☆☆☆☆. Wish I'd read this 20 months ago. DO NOT BUY MIELE! You will kick yourself later on.

• joycemedina
    last year

Get on Twitter and tell the world. You will get a response maybe. I got burned a couple of years ago and I have done every review site possible. I've never dealt with more arrogant bunch in my entire 61 yrs. These people are sleazy.

• Related Discussions

Just back from DW appliance store--KA, Miele, Bosch questions

Q

Comments (59)
    "Our local store rec'd the Electrolux Q50 series. Though reviewed.com loves this machine I'm having a difficult time finding owner feedback. I was told this was Italian time-tested technology, just now brought to the US. And the orbit clean has just come out of patent, but is also not "new". Any leads on further information?" The Frigidaire FPID/FGID and Electrolux EI24ID/EW24ID (including the 50QS) are brand new and seem to be a redesign from the ground up. Electrolux did not have a great reputation for dishwashers in the past; owners complained of poor washability and reliability. However, it's very possible this new line is great and exactly what they needed. You certainly won't find any user reviews at this point, though. If you buy one, let us know what you think! The only real "proven" dishwashers on the market right now are Maytag and the Euro manufacturers Bosch, Miele, and Asko. Although Maytag is a Whirlpool brand, they still use the previous generation Point Voyager tall tub wash system that works well. Whirlpool has transitioned the rest of their brands including KA to the "Global Wash System" which supposedly is quieter and uses less water but is unproven. GE and Electrolux/Frigidaire just introduced complete redesigns, presumably because their previous offerings weren't so great. Those are also unproven.
    ...See More

Miele kitchen appliances

Q

Comments (1)
    Thank you for the lovely review of your new appliances. I am especially heartened to read you are happy with your Miele range. I have a Miele CSO, refrigerator, d/w and w/d and am thrilled with each and every one of the appliances, though like you, I am especially enchanted with the CSO.
    ...See More

Would you buy the Miele G 6745 Dishwasher? 10yr warr. + Miele install?

Q

Comments (27)
    Mark, I did buy the 6745 with the 10 year warranty. We're in a open floorplan, we've had it about a month now; I'm not sure if it's quieter or not, but it washes very well, and I like the auto door opening feature. I installed the second Miele myself; the only snag was the water line didn't want to connect so (a long story shortened) we bought a 12" extention line to connect it, this went on easily. Like fauguy, I owned a previous Miele before. Despite having problems with it and checking out competitive models from Asko and Bosche, we elected to go back to Miele. The Asko bottom racks were too low, and our dishes had problems staying where they were put on the bosche racks when opening and closing them. On the Miele, the problems we had was the in-line water line with the solenoid box on it which crapped out for the third time. Now, apparently they've put the solenoid within the dw. And as for the warranty, although over an hour away, Miele will reimburse us after paying our local appliance repair facility I have a ConsumerReports on-line subscription, and I'll tell you it isn't for the reports on any appliances. Their user reviews rarely reflect CR's take on them. Brent
    ...See More

Miele I would never buy a Miele Appliance “Ever”

Q

Comments (17)
    Do you see a red tag because I don't. These appliances usually all have a warning tag on them. It is quite possible your dealer removed it before delivery. There is a lot of extra shipping material for some of these things. When I ordered my True refrigerator, one of the dealers actually wanted to charge me about $100 to completely unpack the thing, because it is so much work. Fortunately, I found another guy who did it for free. I just got a bunch of new appliances from several vendors. I didn't explicitly check all of them. But I do vividly remember that several of the appliances had prominent labels all over the appliance. On the other hand, it's also possible that Miele messed up and you received an oven that didn't have the warning label. Mistakes can happen. And now it's too late to tell. Evryone knows that you can "NEVER" Attach metal to glass without a rubber grommet! Not so fast. While I tend to lean towards putting grommets into any place where tempered glass is penetrated, there are lots of different factors to consider. Only a mechanical engineer could tell you for certain, whether it would be appropriate in this particular situation. There are pros and cons to grommets. The downside is that the handle can wiggle more; and combined with right-angle edges, that can actually cause more rather than less damage. As for directly attaching metal to glass, I have a dining room table that has stainless steel legs glued to glass. That thing is a monster. It survived multiple moves and several rambunctious kids -- and it still looks like new. I also have a table that has chrome-plated legs glued to the glass. Big mistake. After a few years, the chrome ripped off from the base metal. The chrome plating is still firmly attached to the glass. But the legs came off. So any slight bump of the handle NOT A LIFT can fracture the glass. That's not the experience that others have made. But you are correct and there have been some reports of the glass shattering. It's impossible to tell why, though. As far as I can tell, this is tempered glass. Tempered glass is funny. It's super strong -- until it isn't. And even a tiny scratch or hidden manufacturing fault can make the entire thing shatter to tiny pieces. So, while I don't necessarily agree yet that there is a design flaw (we simply don't have enough data to tell either way), I do agree that Miele should have covered this problem under warranty. A certain amount of breakage simply is expected any time you use tempered glass. And that shouldn't be the customer's problem. There is a metal frame around the door.? Why not make the handle longer by a couple of inches and attach it to the frame! That's certainly a valid point of view. While I am still undecided on whether this problem happened because of Miele's mistake or because you manhandled the appliance in a way that the installation manual tells you to avoid, a design change could conceivably have side stepped the problem. It also affects the look though. And apparently, people are willing to pay for this more modern look. Maybe, that's not a good thing. I know an appliance dealership that got rid of their Miele displays because they hated their poor customer service. That's what they are telling you. More likely than not, the dealer got rid of Miele, because of Miele's direct-sales model. The dealer simply doesn't get enough of a cut when selling Miele appliances. They mostly sell Miele, because customers expect that a good dealer can get them any brand the customer asks for. But a dealer would much rather be able to pick up the appliance from the wholesaler and then sell it directly to the customer. Having said all this, I do agree with you though that customer service is important. I can overlook all of the perceived technical flaws, if only customer service comes through in the end. The fact that they dropped the ball in your case is really the most discouraging bit of news. At this point, your best bet would probably be to contact the credit card company that you used to purchase your appliance. They can either still help, because the transaction is sufficiently recent, or they might be able to help because there is extra warranty coverage as part of your benefits. Of course, that depends on how good your credit card is. Let's hope that you picked one that has good customer service.
    ...See More
  • jenniferlobo
    last year

The individual who posted that these complaints only represent a small fraction of Miele's happy customer base has missed the point. The common element in all these complaints is Miele management did little if anything to address the customer's problem. If a company is experiencing a decline in the quality of their output, which is tracked closely through the quality control function at all major manufacturers, then management needs to take immediate action to improve the process so defective products are not shipped to into the field at an unacceptably high frequency. However, if a customer does receive a faulty product by mistake, management should make this customer their highest priority. This is how you build a brand. That is how Sub Zero has managed to retain a dominant position in the high-end refrigerator market. I think many of us assumed that the Miele experience would resemble the Sub Zero experience. Instead what we received were highly priced products with no substance to back it up; in essence, we received a pig dressed up in lipstick. Management is actually destroying their brand as we speak.

• Kari Svanstrom
    last year

Vicks7 - Here's an update. My service folks are great....turns out, after all the Miele support, telling them it was the circuit board, etc., they got the thing programmed after Miele FINALLY sent them the updated programming equipment. TURNS OUT - IT WAS THE $35-ish?? RELAY/SENSOR for the steam function that had stopped up everything. Our tech disconnected it so that we could use the oven (with it connected it read the fault, without it it was fine....). He discussed with us that it's likely the relay is at fault, we could try the steam function if we were daring, and it would likely work. Well, I'm not daring, but my husband is...second day he tried it (I about cried...but.... it was FINE!!). you might try having your tech (or you, if I knew where it was i could have done it) disconnecting that, and see if the oven functions again.

Our service company did not charge us for what would have been $2500 in parts plus several service calls (other than the first diagnosis and original part) - I sure hope Miele made them whole for all their trouble. While the tech/company offered to replace the sensor if we needed - we decided to just leave it unhooked. we're not so stupid that we can't make sure we use all the steam in the oven when using it, and I fear it would only short again.

• Tom Fid
    last year

@joycemedina Good advice. Twitter was what finally got our problem noticed. Regular Miele service via phone and the web contact form completely stonewalled us. Our local service tech couldn't get any information either. After I started posting on twitter, the complaint was finally escalated to the home office, and they finally resolved the problem of unavailable parts with a swap for a new machine. It's nuts that you have to go public to get a response, but I recommend it.

• joycemedina
    last year

Great for you! I didn't go that route when I was having the same problems 4 yrs ago. Wish I did. I can retaliate by getting the word out and hopefully I can make a dent in their pocket. If anything else, it's making me feel better. I wish I could display the way I was treated. $3,200 down the drain hurts when you work for it. Just saying. The "Rep" from New Jersey was SO RUDE.... unbelievable he was mad with the twitter I had posted. Subzero and Asko are the epitome of stellar service.

• Anne
    last year

Just love my Miele dishwasher. It has been going strong, trouble free for nearly 20 years.

Anne D

• HU-911040630
    last year

Yes, Anne, your machine was purchased 20 years ago! Miele was the premier brand back then. Anything it has built in the last six or seven years is woefully below that once lofty standard.

• regf5875
    last year

As I have posted previously, we have a now 6-year old washer and dryer and a now-2 year old oven, dishwasher induction top and exhaust hood, that are all performing flwlessly, with great resilts fromall appliances.

• Max Phillips
    last year

We bought a W1 washer and T1 dryer 16 months ago and the belt in the dryer broke. Couldn't get any support from Miele, as we discovered that their service doesn't even cover our area! I had to replace the belt myself, and now the dryer won't function due to constant F066 airflow errors. I'm stuck with this giant $1500 paperweight now. Biggest purchase mistake of my life.

• joycemedina
    last year

Miele doesn’t like what I started too bad. The consumer needs to know. Get on google and any other review website also twitter and state your claim.

• jenniferlobo
    last year

Even when Miele installs their own products for a significant install fee the appliances stil malfunction and require multiple service calls down the road. I have been told that 80% of US appliances are manufactured by the same one or two companies overseas then they slap the brand name on the product's face using bad quality integrated circuits and other things we cannot see. It is sort of like ordering a Lamborgini but receiving a Ford Pinto with a pretty cover that says Lamborgini.

• HU-953528107
    last year

I completely agree—do NOT BUY MIELE. Their claims of quality are a lie. 8 months in, the lights in our $10k fridge stopped working. 2 months after that, the fridge stopped cooling anything and condensation is dripping down everywhere) and we had to throw everything out. Miele said they’d fix it but after 8 weeks (without a functional fridge) we’re still waiting on the part they claim will fix it. Like the previous reviewer said, Miele makes Ford Pintos with a Lamborgini cover.

• Sandra Morris
    last year

I am glad to have seen this post. We had a kitchen full of Miele appliances purchased about 18 years ago. All worked beautifully until we sold our home last year (hope they are still working well for the new owners). As a result, we planned on purchasing Miele again for our new home to be built later this year, but these comments are concerning, to say the least.

• HU-460993304
    last year

I last posted about a year ago with my story of unreliable brand new Miele appliances and the struggle to get them fixed. After much complaining and stonewalling by Miele, we did end up getting the dryer completely rebuilt. Now, just about one year later, the entire process started over with faults happening on every load, the dryer then never actually getting the loads dried. We were done. I was so grateful to buy another small heat pump dryer and have the Miele hauled away, hopefully to the dump. Time will tell, but at least the new LG dryer can be serviced by just about any company in the area, not like the Miele that had exactly one service company in our area.

However, story is not over yet. The washer has now stopped several times leaving us with a soaking mess of a load. Who knows what that is and what it will take to fix. The gas range top still clicks for about a full minute every time we turn a burner on, and sometimes doesn't light properly. The microwave/speed oven still has an annoying rattle, but also seems to collect moisture that runs down the inside front and has caused some rotting on the solid wood cabinet holding it. The controls on the oven are frustrating and the convection feature doesn't work nearly as well as I've experienced with other brands, but at least the appliance still works. The dishwasher is the only one that seems to operate as expected - I suppose I should be grateful for that.

One replaced, four crappy products to go, and hope that the only good one will last awhile. Hardly the experience I had hoped for when we chose Miele for this home. If I had had one bad appliance among the six, I might agree that it was a fluke (although the company was still horrible to deal with on that one), but with four objectively bad appliances and just one that I'm happy to have in my home, and all the comments on this thread about other terrible experiences, it doesn't seem like a fluke at all.

Good luck to all the Miele devotees out there, I hope you continue to have a better experience than I have!

• joycemedina
    last year
    last modified: last year

If you tweet Miele they will take notice. they do not like that and you ”will” get reaction.

So many people are getting bamboosled by their fluff. when my ordeal happened 3 yrs ago this ”Corp” guy did no not like my twitter post. Too bad. The corporate people from New Jersey are rude and they could care less about the consumer.

• Paul A
    last year

Thinking of getting anything Miele? Don't. Simply do not. Imagine purchasing a $3,800 microwave and oven (as well as all the other Miele kitchen appliances unfortunately). The microwave stops working. You call Miele service. They are the ONLY ones who repair Miele. I think they are the only ones who can get parts. Miele ports you to a subcontractor named Happy Home Appliance Repair, which schedules a repair - many weeks out. The evening before that blessed visit, Happy Home magically reschedules your repair for three weeks later by sending you an email. The day before the rescheduled visit (now six weeks without), they change the four hour window from morning to afternoon. If you ask, indeed beg, they offer to move it to the next week. For the love of all that is Holy, buy anything else. If you do have a Miele product, take a knee and pray it does not break.

• joycemedina
    last year

If you get on social media, you will get their attention. Food for thought.

• drmoose 00
    last year

My 2C. We built our kitchen about 13 years ago, so it has been a bit of time. During that time: dishwasher broke down 4 times, I finally replaced it last fall, with a Beko for less that 1/2 the price of the a new Miele. Oven broken down 2x, had to to have 3 elements replaced the first time, not sure what is wrong now. Cooktop, three burners no longer light, it is a hot mess. Neither the oven nor the cooktop really work that great, honestly (as far as cooking quality). The dishwasher cleaned fantastic though, I will say that. The steam oven still works, but we rarely use it. I would never buy a Miele product again. They are not hardy. I think maybe they are made for really nice houses where peple eat out all the time. .

• Joe Hilferty
    last year

My first Miele Vacuum is 23 years old and still works like a charm. My Second Miele Vac purchased back in 2015 has had zero issues as well. My Miele TriFlex purchased a couple of years ago has had zero issues as well. My first Miele dishwasher was 16 years old by the time the house was sold and it worked flawlessly. My second Miele dishwasher is now 6 years old and has had zero issues and has moved with me to three different homes. I've used various Miele coffee systems over the years and for the most part, they've been pretty reliable. I now have a current-generation Miele coffee system at home and have made close to 600 cups of coffee with no issues. I have a previous generation W1/T1 Washer and Dryer and they've been wonderful. I do take care of them though... All of them have been cleaned and cared for pretty frequently. I do use the integrated softening system in the dishwashers so I don't have associated issues with limescale. I also run a cleaning agent through the dishwashers every 6 months or so. I replace the filters on the Vacs pretty religiously and run the descaling and degreasing programs on the coffee systems. In my opinion, a lot of the ongoing issues probably have more to do with poor maintenance and care and more often than not servicers who don't know how to perform proper diagnostics. If the problem is diagnosed correctly the first time there really shouldn't be a second or third repair for the same issue. If you live in an area with little to no service and can't live without that appliance for an extended period of time, you probably shouldn't purchase that product. The pandemic has played havoc with the labor market and the local [DC Metro] service companies seem to have a lot of related staffing issues. At the moment I think we're down to 1 Miele Service tech for most of Northern VA. Knowing this, I'd still buy more Miele equipment because it's a temporary problem and not permanent and I think they're one of the best appliance manufacturers on the planet. At one point Miele USA had the BEST customer service and technical service staff in the country... unfortunately I don't think that's the case any longer. A lot of the older staff has left and been replaced with newer staff that isn't as knowledgable or helpful. I have a feeling the Germans wouldn't be too happy to hear how their clients and their products have been treated here in the US. That being said, some of you are jerks and you don't take care of your equipment and/or you're rude to their staff and the local repair people. Try taking care of the things you own and be kind to the people who show up to work every day to assist you with your first-world appliance-related problems.

• leonardjan
    last year

Oh dear. I just bought a convection oven, steam oven and warming drawer. Then I noticed a charge for install in my bill. Does Miele have to install their own appliances for the warranty? Is it that complicated? Only Miele can repair Miele? I’ve only ever had Wolf, Momogram and Subzero previously and no issues.

• joycemedina
    last year

97% of the comments are negative. The comment and response stating and accusing the reviews that were negative that we were "jerks" and commenting that we should take care of the product is asinine to say the least. If she could only see my immaculate home she would realize what she looks like. She must be an employee of Miele.

I will say this again, DO NOT BUY MIELE unless you want headaches. Subzero/Wolf and Asko hands down. They're customer service is phenomenal.

• Joe Hilferty
    last year

@leonardjan

Anyone can install the appliances as long as they can read and follow basic instructions. Under any manufacturer's warranty you'll want to call factory certified or employed people to come and do the repair work so that you don't void the warranty. Out of warranty it doesn't really matter who services the equipment. Finding the most knowledgeable and courteous people to do the work is important too.

• Joe Hilferty
    last year

@ joycemedina

I'm curious... what makes you think Subzero/Wolf and Asko are better? I'm hoping you're some kind of an engineer or professional chef and not just some random person who had a bad service experience. You make it sound like you can speak to their superior quality, performance and reliability. How is an ASKO dishwasher or laundry set better than a Miele or any other dishwasher or laundry set? How is a Sub-Zero DET3650CI better than a Miele KF2902Vi? What makes a Wolf Combi Steam oven even remotely superior to Miele's? Go ahead... I'll wait.

• luna123456
    last year
    last modified: last year

Miele sun contracts some of their applainces. All Miele fridges are made by Liebherrer. This has been known for quite some time.

If a person reads all of these commenrs it is very apparent that many of the complaints are about kitchen appliances, except dishwashers.

Miele’s core products that traditionally are reliable are Dishwashers, Vacuums and laundry. EVERYTHING else is hit and miss.

I have had three sets of Miele laundry. We have worn out the sets. Miele designs laundry for 10k operating hours. We passed those on all the first two sets. We always bought the $299 extended warranties. A single service call covers that cost. It is insane to buy a premium appliance like this and skimp on the extended warranty.

Miele homecare vaccum models come with a five year warranty by default. Buy the extended warranty on laundry and dishwashers.

It is true that current Miele customer service is poor. USA management is terrible. Farming customer sevice out to a foreign call center is just terrible. I would be happier to speak to a german instead of some asian who speaks poor english AND doesnt know anything.

If used to be when you called service there was no automated attendant. someone answered the phone and routed you. Then an american answered. You could ask questions, order parts and open tickets. It was wonderful.

My theory is Miele had too many idiot customers in the USA. They ruined it for everyone else.

Anyway, as long as the machines are installed properly and taken care of their core products are reliable. Sites like Yale appliance prove that out.

For ranges and ovens I would suggest wolf or bluestar. Microwave just get a panasonic inverter model. They invented that technology. They are cheap ($200) last years and work very well. Fridge, I would recommend subzero on high end or LG Inverter for non-premium.

Freezer would be a chest type LG or Whirlpool. This is simple, reliable technology. Have had decent luck, 10 years or so, on LG upright freezers.

Ranges and cooktops in the non-premium space is really hit and miss. We bought a kitchenaide double oven with glass front. Stupid things like the screws that hold the glass mount to the door frame are constantly falling out. Many are simple sheet metal scews. Over knobs that look like stainless on the outside have a plastic push on connection that cracks over time. Rheostats that stop working after a couple years if you actually use the range daily.

If your handy then parts are not terrible, but everything is built so cheaply today.

If I had gas in the kitchen i would have bought a Bluestar.

The range hood? Its a Zephyr and is functioning just like the day we bought it 11 years ago. Its the ONLY appliance left in the kitchen that has not been replaced since we have owned the home.

Dishwashers since we bought the house in 2006? Three LG, one Whirlpool and one Bosch. All lasted less than three years. The Miele has outlasted them all. Has it been trouble free? Nope, but Miele has covered all repairs. It is run twice sometimes three times per day. The previous Bosch; the warranty company gave us our money back due to all the repairs.

Everything is relative. Our Miele dishwasher has over 5000 hours on it. You decide if you think that is good or not. Its like having a car for 20 years and driving it 40k miles vs having a 10 year old car with 400k miles. Knowing how long someone has owned an appliance tells you nothing about its use or reliability.

Appliance, like cars, that sit unused for a decent amount of their life tend to have more problems.

• juliana nwachukwu
    last year

I agree this is a very fraudulent company abd we should help others know that it might have started out as a premier German appliance, but it’s really a very basic appliance now and I regret buying this their fridge, cooktop and dishwasher

• Joe Hilferty
    last year

Just so you all know... what @luna123456 just gave us was an actual review. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

• James Smith
    last year

well, i posted a bad experience 3 years ago with our new cook top. Meile replaced it after 4 months as they could make the griddle work. Now, 4 years later and the griddle is dead again. but this time the bill is on me.

Maybe its time for a class action lawsuit with Meile.

• Mark
    last year

For anyone reading this, Miele is a shell of the company they used to be. The amount of disrespect they have for customers begins with their pathological lying re: delivery times. Avoid at all costs.

• Jennifer Richardson
    11 months ago

Found this while looking where to post about our bad experience with Miele also. We purchased a built in coffee maker and it breaks down constantly! Miele has repaired it at no charge after the warrinty was up but as i suspected it is not working every 6mths and was a total waste of money!! Complete lemon!

• jenniferlobo
    11 months ago

I was forced to have Miele install my Miele appliances even though I had a first class appliance installer on site during my renovation. Miele charged a sizeable sum for the install on top of their normal product pricing. Even with this, I had product failures. Also, I am very good at maintaining kitchen appliances and other household appliances. Bottomline: Miele products look good but are not built with quality parts or engineering. I also have Liebherr products in another house and their refrigerators are awful so if Liebherr is the contract manufacturere for Miele, as someone suggested, I would be very concerned about any improvements being made in the future. Sadly it seems only Wolf, SubZero and Gaggeneau are able to make products that do not fall apart on a regular basis. Even my Asko washing machine has had huge problems.

• Nadine Vouriot
    11 months ago

In all fairness I need to reply after my initial posting (which followed a very poor service experience). I had to book a service call and I'll admit I was completely dreading it (still angry about the last experience). Miele actually sent someone professional and capable this time. In fact, this serviceman was amazing. He serviced the appliance in need; educated me on how to best maintain it, then asked how many other Miele appliances we had. He gave me tips on how to best maintain those appliance as well. Truely a 5 star service. I think I have faith in this company again. I am a very happy customer. OK Miele..........you are back in my good books.

• liveinseattle
    11 months ago

Maybe I would not buy Miele appliances for my new home. I can’t say anything bad about the brand, I have bought few miele products in the past 20 years, I still own miele vacuum, dishwasher and induction range. I have owned those for 8 years. I use dishwasher and range everyday, and I use ovens 2 times a week. Due to medical reasons, we can’t have pre-made food and seldom eat out. So I cook a lot. So far I am happy with my purchase. I am considering to have the same induction range in my new house we are planning to build. I have to give that a second thought.

• Deni Hoffman
    11 months ago

We almost bought a Miele new cooktop but then I remembered a friend who did a complete remodel and went with Miele for EVERYTHING and has had nothing but problems. I changes my mind real fast. Moving on to other brands, my Subzero is 13 years old and although I’d like a new one, I don’t need one. Their customer service is second to none and they still support their product all these years later. My issues with Subzero have been minor, like how to clean the condenser or locating the air filter. My Thermador double oven has been pretty reliable too. It’s the same age and the only thing I don’t like about it is the doors get dirty between the glass. I’ve been told all double ovens do that regardless the brand and every so often the probe light somehow comes on and I have to look for the probe (the most difficult part) and plug it in to turn it off.

• swiss_chard_fanatic
    10 months ago

I knew from the comments on this forum that Miele was the brand to go to for dishwashers, but nothing else. I did buy a Miele dishwasher 4-5 years ago and have had no problems at all. I always buy the Miele dish tabs. Very happy with my Miele dishwasher.

• Annabelle Hassall
    10 months ago

bought a $5k washing machine - within 2 years it has broken. The customer service is horrendous - takes 10 days to send someone to fix it and they advise the whole machine needs replacing - now yet to hear when that will be. Meanwhile not sure what I am supposed to do with my clothes. Each phone call is about 1h on hold (4 in total so far) and the staff are rude, unhelpful and rigid in their processes.

• tmackinlay
    10 months ago

We built a new house 8 years ago and put in an $11000+ Miele built-in refrigerator. We had the frozen ice maker repaired twice and this year the freon line broke so it isn’t cooling. When I called to see about a repair they said no one in our area would fix it. We asked if they would give us an adjustment on a new fridge. They said they would give us $289 which was the cost of the service for the tech who diagnosed our problem. What a cheap-ass company.

• laurentasca
    9 months ago

Agreed! worst appliances and even worse customer service. i havent been able to use my built in coffee system since 10/22 (over 8 months) because of a combination of tecnician incompetence and back ordered parts. No end in sight

• HU-947737596
    8 months ago

Bought an instrument washer (PG 8581) for my dental practice. Thousands spent on maintenance and repairs. Thing was always broken. Didn't even last 5 years. Previous instrument washer (Hydrim) lasted over 10 years with no major issues. Now I have to pay to get it taken to the landfill. Never buying Miele again.

• John DePalma
    8 months ago

It’s been my experience with appliances that almost all the reviews for all the companies are negative. You get an occasional positive review that is usually a defense of the purchase made because someone happens to be on a site and feels they need to respond. But every time a am buying an appliance I go on to the review sites and no matter what company it is they are mostly negative horror stories. If there was a company that didn’t have them everyone would be buying it. I haven’t seen that.

• Nadia Kharchykova
    6 months ago

Yep, wouldn't recommend Miele either. They used to be good but not anymore apparently. Our Miele washer got broken after just 2 years. Getting their technician to come over and take a look is almost impossible. Worst customer service ever!

• Shanti Loyd-Cornette
    5 months ago

HELP
    I have had this appliance for 1year and half. It did not even work properly when I was placed in my home. Why won’t anyone help me from Miele Appliance.

I HAVE A MIELE 48" RANGE WITH MATCHING HOOD.
    THAT I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT ISSUES WITH.

DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY ANY OF THERE APPLIANCES.

I AM SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE WITH THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE. THEY HAVE NO CLUE AND NO ONE IN KANSAS (APPLIANCE SHOPS) NO ONE COMPANY THAT I KNOW OF WANT TO WORK WITH THEM. MIELE HAS A HAD 3 ADDITIONAL APPLIANCE SERVICE CALLS FOR MY APPLIANCE.

WHEN I MOVED IN MY CUSTOM HOME. MY HOOD LIGHTS WOULD NOT TURN ON, MY HOOD WOULD NOT WORK PROPERLY.
    I HAD TWO SERVICE COMPANY COME AND WORK ON THE GRIDDLE DUE TO THE FIRST COMPANY WALKING OUT OF THE JOB BECAUSE HE BROKE MY OVEN DOOR. (THAT WAS LESS THAN 8 MONTHS AGO AND NOW MY OVEN IS NOT WORKING.)
    A TECHNICIAN CAME OUT AND DIAGNOSED A ISSUE WITH THE COMMUNICATION BOARD.

MY GRIDDLE WOULD NOT WORK WHICH TOOK MONTHS TO FIX. RIGHT AFTER THAT WAS OVER, I HAD MY BURNERS HAVE CLICKING SOUNDS FOR LONG PERIODS 2-3 MINS AFTER THE BURNER WAS LIT. THAT WAS IN 08/09/23. GOT A REF NO. - NO ONE CAME TO HELP ME.
    THEN 11/08/2023 HAD THE STOVE GO OUT COMPLETELY. GOT A REF NO. - NO ONE HAS COME TO HELP

11/13/2023 THEN NOW NOTICING THE MICROWAVE NOT WARMING FOOD UP TO ADEQUATE TEMPS. HAVE A REF NO. AND JUST GOING TO CALL EVERYDAY. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY.

YOUR APPLIANCES ARE NOT CHEAP AND THEY ARE SOLD AS THOUGH THEY ARE TOP OF THE LINE. MIELE YOU DON'T SHOW IT IN YOUR SUPPORT FOR YOUR CUSTOMER AND YOU QUALITY OF WORK.

DO NOT BUY - I KNOW I REGRET THIS PURCHASE.
    AT THIS POINT I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO EXCEPT CALL AND SEE WHAT SERVICE I CAN GET WITHOUT WARRANTY. IT'S NOT OLD 1.5YEARS OLD... REALLY.

I just had an appliance company tell me that I will have pay $5353.95 to get my oven working because of the manufacturing defects. I have had nothing but on going issues and I am so tired of not being heard. Please everyone, they are beautiful but not for issues that come with. I am unhappy customer that is tired of being stepped on by companies and people that don't stand behind their services and product. Treat me right and I will treat you right.

• PRO
    IK, Inc.
    5 months ago

I paid a lot of money for a Miele fridge and freezer because of the design. What I know now is that's all it is, great design but a real POS engineering. Never used Miele fridge but out of warranty: The 2 lower refrigerator drawers has an 1-1/4" thick divider in between the 2 drawers. It has LED lights to light up the lower drawer. This divider is warped so bad the drawers drag on the divider. Also the mechanism that adjusts the front and back of the fridge and freezer is on a stupid cheap flex thin coil cable that will unwind and make it useless.

The freezer one-way vent inlet valve that lets air in to compensate the pressure difference when opening the door, freezes up into solid ice.

Miele is similar to Samsung fridge and freezer, great design but a POS.

The rubber on the wheels came off.

Link to photos

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SrAkX6deauxd5Asn8

• PRO
    Studio Pierre LLC
    4 months ago
    last modified: 4 months ago

We purchased 100k + of Miele appliances only to recieve constant error/fault messages and a lack of tech service to reslove the issues. The Miele espresso/coffee maker (5k) received so many descaling faults that we eleceted to remove it. The cost was going to be 2k for a new motor. Now our CombiSteam overn has Fault 11 and will not complete the descaling process. The one tech in our community (Salinas Valley Appliance Repair) has not returned my calls for weeks. It was so disappointing to not have this oven operating when my family was in town during the holidays. Love these appliances when they are working but will likely never purchase again due to the constant maintenance and lack of customer support. Time to get it together Miele Corp. We would have expected better from the cost of our investment and this company's German engineering reputation.

• Mary Ellen Jones
    3 months ago

I purchased a $9000 stove that does not work and should be covered on warranty but they closed the case saying there was no one in my geographical area to service it.can they get away with this?

• Tom Fid
    3 months ago

Seems like that would be a violation of state consumer laws in most places, but that's a slow road. Try making a lot of noise on Twitter/Facebook/etc. - that worked for me (still took 3 months).

• Jeffrey Sneller
    last month

My experience we similar. We purchased a Miele appliance package. The control panel of the dishwasher and door latch failed one month after the two-year warranty expired. Miele contacted me after I filed a complaint with BBB and sent a new control panel, which was installed by a certified appliance repair company in Santa Barbara. The new control panel failed within a week after installation. I spent $349.00 for the control panel installation and $649.62 for the replacement of the door latch on top of the nearly $1,930.45, which doesn't work. When I contacted Miele a second time they wanted to refer me to a repair service that refused to install the parts that were sent by Miele because they weren't purchased from them. I had no choice but to sue the appliance company I purchased the product from and Miele, as well.

• HU-469923295
    last month

Horrible experience

Had a terrible terrible experience with Miele, in Canberra. While under warranty period fridge started leaking a large amount of water. Miele don’t call you back advising that they don’t have an ACT technician and have to outsource. They don’t communicate by email at all so nothing is documented and then it’s up to you to chase and chase. After three months I call and they admit responsibility and tell me they now have a technician. I booked, paid $200 and the technician didn’t even fix the issue it is still broken and leaking water everywhere. I could have put that money into a new fridge but they promised me it would be repaired. They won’t refund me the $200, which feels awfully unfair.
    Very upset customer about how I have been treated by Miele a supposedly ‘premium. Company. Never again will I purchase a Miele product as they aren’t even worth the money in my opinion as it broke not long aftwr having it and other cheaper brands ive had previosuly were of much better quality.

• Dena Herrin
    27 days ago

so disappointed with Miele. The starter button on our very expensive dishwasher broke. The technician arrived 6 hours late and informed us that it would cost $900 to repair and they charged us $175 for the 5 minute visit. Not repairing it - not replacing with another Miele product - ever.

• Sarah Lay Keong Tan
    3 days ago

Do not ever equip your home with Miele appliances. My gas stove broke down and was told to pay $167 for the technician to come look at it. That was fine but to ’look’ at the induction unit which is part of the whole cook unit requires another $135 as its considered separate unit! and the technician won‘t check it until the payment is made on the spot! Worst ever kind of service I have come across! Just to check the gas stove and induction unit is a total of $302 and that’s before any repair charges! That‘s just day light robbery from Miele. Do not buy their products.