SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shopping1959

Feel like a hot mess!

shopping1959
7 years ago

Hi ladies,

I had a partial hysterectomy (still have ovaries) at the age of 45. I'm 56 now. About 4 years ago started having severe perimenopause symptoms..before that, a hot flash here and there. Hot flashes, insomnia, severe anxiety and mood swings, crying jags, headaches, muscle aches and EXTREME fatigue. I don't know how I make it through the day sometimes.

I've been on bio identical hormones, (estrogen and progesterone) for several years with little or no relief. ( blood tests always come back showing " normal " hormone levels for a woman of my age) The worst part is because I do not have my period due to the hysterectomy, I have nooo idea where I am in my cycle...before I would know why I ached or was moody or fatigued by the days of my cycle each month. Now ..I haven't got a clue. Tried journaling but nothing is consistent. From what I've read on this forum, many of you seem to be done with your periods by my age..but do these horrible symptoms ever end.

Seems most of the women in my life breezed through perimenopause without too many issues and they are all tired of hearing me complain..I'm sure they all think I'm just too sensitive and exagerating...and never mind my saint of a husband! He doesn't know the woman I've become. He feels like he's lost his wife although he tries to be supportive.

I can see why they call this the change...will it ever end?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor