SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catherinet11

Feel like passing out during a hot flash?

catherinet
15 years ago

I started perimenopause about 10 years ago, and I'm still dealing with it. I'm having these spells and now I'm wondering if they are "just" hot flashes. I never had these exactly before. It usually happens right after I eat. I get very hot and break out in a sweat and feel nauseous and like I'm going to pass out. Anyone else feel that way with their hot flashes?

Comments (70)

• pericrazy
    15 years ago

Hey Michelle...I sure will pray for you...homeschooling is a chore, but I know that it will show high marks later on in life. Sorry you feel so @#$%&...sometimes wee just have to put the yucky feeling away, and do something else. I can drive myself crazy by researching something to death, my husband calls me a Cyberchodriach...and he is right. Most of the information out there does not even pertain to our personal situation...and can even drive more stress into us, even though the researching makes us feel good for a temporary time....have you been to the Dr. to discuss your tingling? What was his/her suggestion? Nausea is one of the main symptoms to stress also, so it could be all related if you put your symptoms together...and of course, I so believe that Perimenopause is the trigger point. Hormones need to be balanced in order for good health, so when they are messed up, our bodies don't work the way they were designed to. Take care, and I will pray. Yvonne

• peri2008
    15 years ago

Morning Pericrazy,
    Hope you are well this morning, I am doing better,Not dizzy yet,Ate some biscuits and gravy and coffee this morning,The lump is a little bit less red.Hope it leaves, creeps me out. Still feel nauseated, but not too bad.Feel pregnant. LOL! Right ! You have to have sex for that don't you LOL LOL!Your hubby is very right about cyberchondria LOL!. Sat down with my ex fiance last night and we talked made me feel better. He is going through mid life crisis and with my peri ... its a bad combo. But I love him!. He doesn't want to hear my stuff no more he said, suffer in silence I guess.Men can be so unsympathetic.He just had a vasectomy In May. We did something in July,can I still get preg and have a cycle.? Makes me wonder now boobs are still big after my period. Surely not? I know focus on something else. LOL!!!!!!!Would at least free me from PERI for 9 months..LOL!!Ok gonna go grade papers.Talklater Have a great day! Michelle

• Related Discussions

Feel me? Do I feel hot to you? :)

Q

Comments (7)
    Forgive me if my message is a little disjointed, I just lost my second baby and had to have another D&C and am not quite "with it" yet. I know someone who refused to do the HRT thing because of concerns over the risks of it, and I seem to recall her mentioning the cream form of progesterone. She recommended it to me to help w/ ovulation and it really worked, and she told me that she had used it too, but I think it was during menopause that she used it. (The dr had given me the pill form of artificial Progesterone to help my body ovulate and I hated the very harsh side effects. The natural form cream had none of those side effects, was very easy to use, and the container was still not empty after the few months I used it. My first D&C seemed to jump-start regulating my ovulation,making the cream unnecessary.) (I am unsure of what one needs to replace during menopause so I apologize in advance if I misunderstood what she was telling me and progesterone is not needed then.) I paid a hefty price at a health store for the cream but recently saw it at a WalMart in the vitamin section. I didn't look at it closely so I don't know if the quality was the same as what I had used or not. The same woman recommended the book "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause" by Dr. John Lee. (Yes, I wrote that down; you never know when info like that may come in handy for someone. Case in point--this message!) Hope this is of some help.
    ...See More

How do you cope with hot weather and hot flashes

Q

Comments (6)
    The only thing I have found so far is to soak my hair and head down with the garden hose. I have long hair so the back of my t shirt stays wet. I have MS as well and heat makes me weak as a kitten. There are times that I have all I can do to get back into the house. I found some cooling products through the MS Society that I think might help in both counts. I am looking at the neck wraps that go down your spine a bit and the wrist wraps. I found at night that if I keep a gel pack on a towel on my bed that it helps just to put my hand and wrist on it. Also a wet face cloth. So who knows may be it would help outside too. Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.nationalmssociety.org/chapters/OKE/programs--services/DirectAssistance/cooling-product-information-and-assistance/index.aspx
    ...See More

nausea with hot flashes

Q

Comments (33)
    I have the exact same symptoms as aussiesoni. My hot flashes happen once a month and usually only one time, but it lasts for about 15 minutes (although it seems longer). It is always in the middle of the night, around 2 a.m. I suddenly wake up kind of panicky, not knowing why, then shortly get a radiating heat in my chest which then spreads outward to my extremities and then my arms and legs tingle and I feel like I am going to pass out. I also get the feeling of extreme nausea and the need to have a bowel movement. I lay as still as I can, practice deep breathing techniques and reassure myself that I am ok and this will pass. It feels like a panic attack and I'm sure I am anxious at the onset. I am 44 years old and had a total hysterectomy 7 years ago. Initially I was on Progesterone, but my gynecologist switched me to Estradiol and I have been on that for 6 years. The hot flashes have been a recent development and the first few times I had one, I thought I needed to go to the emergency room. Finding this website was a Godsend and I know I am not alone! My question is, can anything be done or is this something that I'll just have to deal with? I also need to say that I have had a kidney transplant and because of the medications I take for that, I cannot take just any over the counter medication or herbal supplement in case it interferes with my anti-rejection medication. And not that I wish this on anyone else, but I am glad that I am not the only one experiencing this and grateful for your stories! Best wishes!!!
    ...See More

Feel like a hot mess!

Q

Comments (4)
    You could have a couple things that stand out to me. I'm no Dr nor am I pretending to be. But I am diabetic so they only allowed me two pregnancies for health reasons. I had rough pregnancies & diabetics have a high rate of still birth, babies birth defects, & dangers to the mother. They also have large babies so they induced both labors 2 weeks to 1 month early. After my 2nd baby in 1979, I was 21 they gave me a tubligation. I didn't have too many issues with my periods after that in the immediate future. As time went on I started having horrible cramping, nausea, irregular periods, heavy periods, bloating, fatigue, constipation, ER visits thinking my appendix was bad or I had gall stones, on & on. The pain would come, I would break in a sweat & drive to the fam Dr I had on my HMO at the time so he would believe me. This was in 1992. He would tell me it's all in my head, or it was PMS, prescribe me tranquilizers & antidepressants. I would just cry. Finally I told my husband I'm going to my GYN. I don't need a referral, & maybe it's female & not a stomach issue at all. Sure enough it was endometriosis. To be sure he did a laparoscopy. So at about 32 I had a total hysterectomy. I asked about leaving the ovaries, he told me no because he would just have to go back in later and take them out. When they went in there the endometriosis was on everything, even on my esophagus. Estrogen causes the sores to ooze and seep. Making you sick. But after I felt better. Then 18 mos later some symptoms started coming back. He went back in and from the different surgeries I had developed scar tissue or adhesions. They're like spaghetti. They were there at the hysterectomy, but they cleaned them out. This time they were partially blocking my bowels. You can die from that. He cleaned them out really good. Did some cartorizing. I'm 59 now & haven't had a problem since. It's been wonderful. Sorry for the lengthy comment. Hope it helps. Sandra
    ...See More
  • peri2008
    15 years ago

Hi,
    Just got back from the DR. again.They gave me a clean bill of health and a TB test.Said I am fine,and healthy,the lymph node is still up.ButI guess I am FINE>. So they say. They gave me a complete physical.Suppose everything I have is PERIMENOPAUSE. NAUSEA INCLUDED>! Hope every one is FINE!

• hun49
    14 years ago

hello peri2008,
    I have just found this forum and read your first posting....oh my God you are describing me! Everything you have written has been going on with me over the past 7 years. Thank you for making me feel better...I am not a hypochondriac. Thank you, thank you.

• beauty2009
    14 years ago

hi peri2008 i have a swollen lymph gland in my right armpit which swells up and causes me a lot of pain ive had it checked out and IT IS HORMONAL so try not to worry too much hun ok

• melody_anne1987_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

I am only 23 years old and I had a full hysterectomy 6 weeks ago!! These hot flashes are awful. I wake up like 15-20 times every night having them and sometime i am vomiting and feel like passing out!! I cant go on the hormone replacement therapy for 3 months because of endometriosis so i have to contine having them! But my doc also told me i could go through this for up to 10 years!!! I pray that i dont!

• mclearsight_aol_com
    13 years ago

I get that 'tingle' vibration and dizzyness at night! It wakes me up, get tingle, vibration in head, down arms, kinda dizzy in head, then big wave of heat, sweat! Had a neck injury and its almost like the muscle tension in the neck, increased by menapause stiff muscles, joints is blocking the blood flow to the brain when the flash occurs or its just night sweats, menapause. Worry for nothing. Chiro and doc says neck no major injury.

Here is a link that might be useful: cleareyesight.info - Narural Eyesight Improvement

• windstorm_b_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

Hi there,

I have been suffering for nearly six years with menopause symptoms and for the majority of it have been told by doctors that it is not hormonal. I have had hot flashes, nausea that used to culminate in panic attacks, sometimes vomiting, diarrhea, acid like feelings in my stomach, dizziness, crying spells etc.
    I am still suffering although the panic attacks are gone due to Dr. Levinson diagnosing me with an inner ear problem that the hormone change brought or ignited. I also seem to have IBS.
    I am still searching for answers to the IBS and now dizziness. I was told I am severely anemic and my hair is falling out as well. I'm aslo facing taking care of aging father who was diagnosed with dementia.
    It really helps to read and compare stories.
    Take care,
    Synical Sally 42

• kansa100
    11 years ago

Hi girls

I was so happy to find this forum as I had my first hot flash today and I came home to research it as I was sure it was cancer! I am 47. I was walking in Walmart and suddenly my knees felt stiff, my feet were heavy and I was out of breath. I also felt weird, not sure how to describe it. I was exhausted for no reason. Then the sweat came...my neck was wet to the touch, and with the big winter jacket on. The flash lasted for 15 minutes but the other symptoms persisted even 2 hrs after, the feeling of weakness and trembling and feeling weird...oh I was also suddenly in a mood from hell.
    I have been having night flashes for a few years now and sleeping 4 - 6 hrs max a night, but today was the first flash where I was awake. I was kind of ok with the night flashes as at least I was asleep for most of the time.

Are there some supplements that any of you are taking, natural or vitamins, minerals that actually relieves the symptoms somewhat?

Peri2008 ater I read all your posts and giggled a lot about what peri is doing to your life I started feeling better for the first time after the flash today. Thanks for that :-)

• overit
    10 years ago

hi there fallow menopause women ,i just thought i would pop in and tell you my story... just hope you dont feel like crying at the end of it ...i know i do .
    3yrs ago i started feeling "constantly " hot ...i am 45 . i have not had a period in 2 yrs ,just a bit of spotting on 3 occasions. on top of feeling hot (very hot even in winter) i get hot flashes ,morning noon and night . i cant remember the last decent night sleep as it has been so long ..im up 5 -6 times a night ...with cravings for sugar foods.... dry mouth ,fibromyalgia pains ,constipated 24-7 ,bloated ,very sore right shoulder ,weight goes up and down ,have indometriosis so cant take hrt (not that i would advise that to any one.. starving one minute then feeling full the next ,sheets on ,sheets off ect ect..
    but the worst is when i have what i call a "violent " hot flash......im feeling good ,then my face gets hot ,then my neck ,then a crawling under the skin ,arms go tingly ,chest goes hot ,knees go week ,then im on the floor , wondering if i want to pee ,puke or poop ,crawl to the toilet on hands and knees ,swap between ,staring at the bowl and sitting on it ,,,nothing much happening ,think its passed only to loose control of bowl and bladder (some times im not even in the toilet when this happens ,then on the floor flat on my back for the next 5 mins till the heat goes away ,,,then i am ok again till next time ... all this is in a space of 10 mins ....ive been tested ,pushed ,poked ,proded for everything i can think off ,one doc said it was vaso vagal reaction ???? either way this has screwed my life up ... i must own part of the chemists in oz ,ive tried every menopause pill on the shelf ,nothing works ...the doc put me on a low does of antidepresents to stop the heating up ,i took 1 ,i spent three days tripping ,ill never touch another one of them ever again .... it made me suisidle (sp) i did look at the net but by the end of it ,like others here ,i had some form of cancer ,tumor or similar...not good trying to diagnose yourself ,you will go crazy ....has any one else had it this bad ???? its horrible thinking you have a deadly disease and you might die ,,,no one ha any answers ,this is my 3 doctor and my 3rd lot of tests ,all saying im normal .....I DONT FEEL NORMAL!!!!

• Nanny11
    10 years ago

I am so Happy i found this site! I am gonna be 51 in October this year and I have been a complete HOT MESS! I didnt start hot flashes until two days a go but i have had migraines,touching my scalp was painful now, my hair seems to be falling out but my hair is thick so you dont see the loss! I havent had a period in two years And today at work i was having a hot flash and felt like i was gonna pass out! wOW I AM SO HAPPY i NOW KNOW i AM NOT A Nut case!! Thank you all!

• Paulas2cents
    10 years ago

Nanny11, you're definitely not a nutcase -- or if you are, then you're in good company with all of us who have been enduring the strange and troubling symptoms of perimenopause!! I lost hair on a regular basis for several years -- I really wondered whether I was going to be partially bald!! But after my hormones stabilized (around age 52 - 53), I noticed less hair falling out thank goodness. My hot flashes also showed up later in the perimenopause process and there were some that caused great anxiety -- and a few times I felt like I was going to faint. I'm sure this was all due extreme hormonal fluctuations, but it was unsettling nonetheless. There were about five years that I didn't feel like myself -- I felt much older than I was, and I missed my former vibrant self! That part of me is just now coming back but it took a long time. I kept coming back here reading the stories of other ladies, and it helped me so much to know I was not alone in my suffering. No you're not a nut at all!! Glad you found this forum so you can share what's going on and also know all of us understand what you're going through.

• sgomez409
    9 years ago

I am 52 and have a very light period (mostly spotting) every 3-4 mos. but just last month I had a regular heavy period with cramps, something I haven't had in a few good years. This evening, I just got off the phone w/my hubby telling him how weak I'm suddenly feeling then after hanging up, started walking to the kit cabinet to grab one of my supplements (Womens Wellness) and I started feeling so warm from my hands on up to my face, shortness of breath and feeling like I was just about to pass out! I knelt over on the kit counter, hurried and swallowed my supplement then sat in a chair w/my head between my knees taking slow deep breaths. My heart was racing but within a few mins. I was feeling back to normal! It definitely is hormonal and taking these supplements has helped me greatly. I buy them from HSN, Andrew Lessman's Women's Wellness. A lot of women have had much success in alleviating the hot flashes and discomforts of peri and full blown menopause from taking Women's Wellness (you can find them on HSN.Com). This may be something some of you may want to try to see if it helps. Read the reviews from everyone and see if it's what you too are experiencing. It can't hurt, but let me tell you, it helps me to no end as I would probably be experiencing worse symptoms had it not been for taking these life savers! Every bit of info can help us attain a much easier passage thru this.

• bostonebry
    9 years ago

I am so glad I found this forum!!! I am reading through all the posts and this is ME!!!!! I thought all of this was in my head (and i think my doctor does, too), or that i was having heart attacks or strokes!!!

• Stacie Elmore
    7 years ago

I do that like 20 times a day I feel clammy and freezing on my sweet I sit there I turn red or pink red I can't breath and wait to pass out .I come so close to hit ground.im already on ground Everytime it uts me to floor.. hot flashes can't be that bad it makes you think something bad is going on with you and doc didn't say nothing but my hormones are low. It's scary

• Melanie Johnson
    5 years ago

2 years since last post, hope that means you're all doing better.

I've Been dealing with these " hot flashes" for awhile. Had blood work, I'm not in menopause..

Yesterday I had the worst spell ever. It got so intense so quickly, and ended with me crawling across my floor to the shower and just getting in there and sitting 20 minutes in Luke warm water.. I was pretty sure I was about to die.. most traumatizing thing I've ever dealt with, and I Have an extremely high tolerance to everything.

I literally felt like I was burning..

Went to er, hubby was worried about stroke, ( now I'm thinking maybe shoulda checked heart instead). Anyway, they did blood work, ua, and brain ct. Everything came back normal.. I just had the scariest thing ever happened to me, and there's NO trace of it?? I've had these episodes for years, but in the last 6 months they've gotten more extreme.

I did go to the gyn a few months ago, because I thought, menopause. I'm only 44, but like the lady above, I started early. They checked me out, did blood work. And said I was no where near menopausal... I'm so confused. I don't think i can handle another spell like that, ever! But I'm still clueless as to what happened.

• tonyabrooks306
    5 years ago

Here is another one that can be feeling normal one moment and the next, feel like someone just hit me with a flamethrower. The heat is so intense that it takes my breath away and has me gasping for air. I get nauseated and feel like I will face plant right into the floor. I had gotten off of my period on the 10th after seven days. But I am cramping again like it is about to hit me again. UGH! I have been skipping months and didn't have one in August '18. If I survive, I will be 48 on Sept 21st. I have to rub my face and neck with a cold cloth and if I am lucky I don't get a cold flash that makes me feel like I am getting the flu. I panic too and think yep, I have every horrible disease known and feel like I am dying. I feel for all of you and everyone one else that suffers thru these nightmarish episodes and hope that we all make it through and get free of them.

• Jen M
    5 years ago

My doctor was telling me I was not in menopause, that was a bunch of crap. Many of these doctors have no idea. I was on prescribed meds for years. I finally went to a holistic health center and got on some natural supplements. I feel like a new person! Go natural theres herbs that have been used for thousands of years that will help!

• HU-46695237
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Hi i'm a male i don't think it is menopause i been going threw the same thing for over 5 years straight stays with me 24/7 it all started with acid reflux i was getting sick and was put on the meds a month later is when the nightmare started i also had recently lost my father and found out i also had cancer around this time anyways i was eating one night then this weird brainfog feeling came on me did not know that food was causing or making it worst at this time i found this out later when i found that high doses of vitamin d helped my symptoms 50,000 iu once weekly to be exact then this is also around the time i read others going threw the same thing and was talking about food which dawn on me this was happening to me i even found that even tooth paste done it to me even smoking and taking pills ect i got skinny i mean scary skinny as i was starving myself trying to figure out what foods ect was causing this to this day i still have not figured it out as everything seems to make me worse the doctors say it is anxiety but yet i react to the meds too and can not handle them more then a day or 2 i was able to take prozac for a month it did not help me at all the vitamin d helped bit only if i continued to take it even with my lvl at the high range but soon as i stop they came back i have been taking vitamin d at high doses for 4 years now i was doing every 2 or 3 weeks 50,000 iu as i did not want to raise my lvl to toxic u need to watch and have lvl tested the way doctors talk i guess i should be dead but i'm still here could not get that lucky would not wish this on my worst enemy worst then cancer it is a nightmare the vitamin d is not working like it used to im taking it every week now and seems to be helping not even half now like it use too also i found drinking budlight specifically helped me i got up to drinking a 30 pack a day sometimes i averaged from 20 to 30 beers a day i did not want to go this route i stopped the drinking and then handed my life to god at this time prayed and more praying went to church for like 4 or 5 months i still got no answers or healing i begged at the alter even i missed church one day and never went back im back to drinking again not like i use to but still do it don't help me either like it used to very little but anyways here are my symptoms bloating, nausea, burning eyes and and tongue, bone and muscle pain, leg jerks, weakness, short of breath, slurred speech, confused,extreme tiredness right after eating,brain fog, numb hands, face tension, pounding heart after eating, ringing ears, trouble falling asleep,hot flashes, fatigue, feeling like going pass out/ hot flashes and i'm sure there more after i started the vitamin d thats when i found eating caused all these symptoms and would take a day or 2 for them to go away again if i stayed with something that i knew gave me less symptoms at the time and let them die down the ringing in my ear stayed but it got a lot quieter i still have not figured this out and have found others on the net 15 years later still going threw it i know it's sad and to go to a doctor they look at u like ur crazy i also went down the leaky gut theory ect and still could not get past this anyways my hands are tired ending this for now people please post up maybe something that helped or anything sorry for my bad writing i'm not much good with it thanks

• tonyabrooks306
    5 years ago

HU-46695237 I am a perimenopausal female and I know what you are saying. I teared up while reading your symptoms. I definitely can relate because I have GERD/ARD and was diagnosed in 2004 as having it. You describe the symptoms so well. It is sheer misery to eat at times because with me, I get those symptoms plus it feels like a heart attack with crushing pain in my chest. Maybe we need to see a specialized stomach doctor? Although, I could not afford to go. So we are stuck with a mystery ailment that makes life miserable for us. I wish you all the best and know that you are not alone in suffering these symptoms. -Tonya

• HU-46695237
    5 years ago

tonyabrooks306

Thanks for the reply i happen to run across this site tonight searching as i always do for a real long time now 5 years for the treatment or cure for this awfulness and see where others might have thought it was a women thing and i could not help from laugh because i'm no women lol but i have heard that women do have symptoms going threw this but when they mention there symptoms being tied to what they eat it don't seem like this case it seems like the same exact thing that tons of people are going threw on the net and getting no answers some have found cutting certain food like gluten out or they may have a bacteria overgrowth or even a case or two of acid reflux causing it and they treated there problem and the issue resolved but not in my case and tons of others online and it sad because i read up on the leaky gut stuff and this was the time i knew food was causeing or making me worse i tortured and starve myself till onday i looked in the mirror and said what am i doing to myself and i could not do this any longer i mean my bones was showing in my ribs and pretty much everywhere it was a scary sight i mean i am a tall guy 6ft 4 normal weight for me is 230 i was down to 160 i weighed 180 in high school i think i'm now 38 or 39 i can't remember but pretty sure it's 38 lol anyways let me tell u it was scary i have seen many doctors and all test pretty much comes back as normal i also have barretts esophagus which could turn into cancer so i have seen a gi doctor or two they say acid reflux will not cause my problems i also get the chest pains when you think things could not get any worse it does it's like every year i get a new symptom i also get the coughing and mucus non stop it seems it would be easier to name what i don't have then do because i can't seem to think of any i don't they said i had fibro and anxiety and acid reflux was the start of it no meds help my symptoms as of yet i will hope i will one day figure this out and help the many people on the internet not too many things i have not pushed threw i'm that type of guy just get back up and try again well this has i don't know how to put into words so i would say kick my butt over and over again i originally thought it was a side effect from the reflux medication i was on

• tonyabrooks306
    5 years ago

Hi, and you get the mucus? Have you gotten the burning in your throat when trying to sleep? If you eat, you get sick and if you don't eat, you get sick with this. So, you have had lots of tests and doctors still don't know what is causing it? In other words, they think it is in your mind with anxiety and fibro. Back in '17, I spent a night in the hospital because I thought I was having a heart attack and they gave me a nitro pill and it did not help me. But when they gave me a Protonix it nearly stopped the symptoms immediately. I never had any other symptoms all night but they kept drawing blood every hour and told me the next morning that it was not my heart. But of course GERD can mimic heart attack symptoms. When I went in I was having a panic attack and when they put me on the EKG they freaked out. Lol. They figured I was panicking and I told them straight up, that of course, I was panicking! I felt I was having a heart attack and had to come to the ER that is enough to give anyone a panic attack in itself. Good grief! They had to wait till I calmed down but like I said, it wasn't my heart. I take a Walmart brand of antacid pill every day. Sometimes 2x a day and a antigas pill. If things are going especially *great* I get nauseated with all of this. <Sarcasm> I still eat and drink things that I shouldn't but I suffer no matter what I do. My brother thinks I have gall bladder problems but the symptoms are not exactly like what gallstones are. Also was told I have liver issues so maybe that is it. But I quit taking meds and going to drs. Got fed up. I know that GERD can cause coughing and asthma too. But maybe it could be H Pylori which causes ulcers? I really don't know but I am 48 and have been suffering for years. It really sux and if you find anything to help let me know and I will do the same if I figure out something that helps.

• tonyabrooks306
    5 years ago

HU-46695237

https://patient.info/search.asp?searchterm=Stomach+problems&searchcoll=All

Try this link to find some more information about stomach problems.

• HU-46695237
    5 years ago

tonyabrooks306 Hello again yes when it all first started when i would lay down i would get the burning in the back of my throat then i would get sick it kept happening every night so i went to the ER this is where they put me on the reflux meds and sent me home i was fine for a month then it just got worse from there i have had the partial nissen surgery to wrap my stomach around my esophagus to prevent the acid reflux because i also have barrets a condition that could turn to cancer i was unable to take the meds because one i was scared of them i thought this was what messed me up at the time plus two everything i put in my mouth seems to make me worse the surgery was a bit scary as i came out with a black eye and shaking and not able to breath i was still out of it so i remember telling the nurse and she gave me like 4 different meds to get me out of it i thought i was going to die i am not much at staying at hostpitals so after surgery i told em i wanted to go home because i did not want to be all messed up with food or pills as i have been trying to mange what ever this is for 4 years at that time i was told if i did go home i would not get any pain medication for the surgery the good stuff i guess what they were meaning with some arguing the doctor released me the next day after i been up all night and going outside to smoke i never layed in the bed at all the doctor said he never seen someone bounce back like this after surgery i told him this was nothing compared to my kidney surgery i had a few years back to remove my kidney cancer well when the doctor released me he forgot to give me nausea meds and i think it messed up my wrap as i was tring to get sick for 5 hours straight i also could not breath at all i think something he done in the surgery messed with my breathing because when i felt the rip after coughing up some mucus i was able to breath better but boy did i wish i had the pain meds i needed i slept in my truck for 3 days i hurt so bad i had the upper handles up by the headliner so it was easier for me to move myself around but boy it was cold did i say this was in the middle of winter ? lol i mention above that Vitamin D helps all my symptoms as long as i continue to take in large doses 50,000 iu atleast every 2 weeks it took 2 months before it helped me i don't know why or how it does but it does it has gotton me threw the last 4 years it also helps the nausea after i eat i really did not get this symptom till 6 months after the surgery i had but i think it is the Gastroparesis i now have i think caused by the surgery as it is known to cause this but like i said when i first was put on meds before the nightmare started i was feeling nausea and getting sick after eating and lying down i was found to have H Pylori and took the meds for that and it seemed to have helped me with the sickness untill last year after my surgery around when all this started i also thought i had a mini stroke was very scary i thought i was dying i'm so glad that i read other people like your post of other people on the net they helped me and i would never had thought what i was eating or even my tooth paste could be causing or making me worse well it was so i try to help others when i can to let them know that the vitamin d helped and that paying attention what were eating helped for the ones that do not notice the pattern yet i mean i found that some things i ate or drank did not mess with me till the next day like drinking coffee i totally gave it up 4 years ago coffe mad the head and face tension worse and before my surgery and i was not taking reflux meds at the time i notice it gave me bad heart burn the next day i half to admit i have had a few cups over the years when i was doing better i learned to watch my symptoms and know when i can do a no no and eat or drink something that was on my worst offenders list i had in my head but i payed for it for the next 3 days it took that long to get back to what i considered to me is this is the best it gets symptom wise but i got to say if i stayed away certain things and took my high dose vitamin d all my nightmare went away i mean all symptoms but the ear ringing i was so happy but like i said it took 2 months at the high doses to start to work if i stop they come back i have never thought of ending my life but i half to say i could not function at all and it was a nightmare i got to say that it ran threw my head but i would have never done it no body will understand unless you are going threw it too on top of all this i also had cancer and just before lost my dad and both my grand parents of cancer i was driving back and forth out of state taking care of my father and did not know i had cancer myself i was falling down i recently bought my house and had done some foundation work and was running a jack hammer and lifting heavy blocks i thought it was my back as i have always had back problems too well when they done the MRI a good doctor found my cancer when the MRI people missed it i thank him every time i see him the reflux pills made my symptoms worse and if u read the reviews on ask a patient site u can see others going threw the same i had a guy call me from another state from that site and he was telling me he was on the meds for reflux and he was a big time harley guy and one day he told his wife he was going riding he made it half way to his bike and just started crying for no reason i could not help to laugh i know i should not have as i know this nightmare is not funny but could not help myself he laughed with me i think it done him some good too but he told me his story and he said the med caused this for him i guess he stopped it and after awhile it all went away so many on the net have told me that the medical field is corrupt a long with the FDA as they make off every med passed kinda like if u own ur home u got to pay for a permit to upgrade and build and work on ur home same with the med when there passing them i would have never believe any of this till i got sick now i do there people talking about curing there own cancer with diet changes, juicing , vitamins, probiotics ect and people treating there own autoimmune diseases with high dose vitamin d even read a doctor doing this but the med field is not interested in cheap things like vitamins and diet changing or baking soda and molasses at curing cancer or even treating autoimmune diseases they can't make there fortune sorry i call them drug dealers it's what they are also i guess they say acid reflux can get into ur lungs it why it causes the breathing problems and asthma i know this is a long read and i'm sorry but i have not settled for anxiety i just don't see how anxiety can cause 24/7 symptoms for 5 years also don't see how all food can make it worse and certain food cause certain symptoms and if i go with out eating for a day they die down ect if so it seems like the digestive system is causing what they call anxiety but yet i am in a loop i can not get out of will end this for now i hope there some good read in there and helped you in some sort of way

• HU-46695237
    5 years ago

tonyabrooks306 i also get very tired after eating like i been drugged this been going on for years now i even have problems waking up this has just started in the last year i can sleep 8 hours and i wake up and keep falling back to sleep over and over before getting up i have never been like this

• tonyabrooks306
    5 years ago

HU-46695237

Hi, and you are doing some serious suffering. Cancer on top of everything else. How horrible. Nothing helps you but a lot of vitamin D. I read up and found out that low vit D can cause stomach problems and that has got me thinking about taking it. I do eat eggs and fish which has the vitamin but I must not be getting enough with my stomach issues. Thanks for that. Yes, I go looking for home cures and look up every site that I can to try to help with the problems. Reading about what you've been through and are still going through is disturbing. I hate that most everything only works a little while and then stops working for you. All I can say is buy lots of bottles of Vitamin D and keep them on hand. When a grown man breaks down and sobs...and being a biker at that...it scares the crap out of me. I probably would have laughed too, it is either laugh or cry and sometimes it is both depending on the circumstances. When I go out to eat and I enjoy the food, I get very tired and feel that drugged feeling. I can't sleep worth a crap though. I agree about drs too, they just want to push drugs on people and that makes them the biggest drug pushers of all. If I can help myself with natural methods, I will. I have read that apple cider vinegar helps stomach problems but I haven't taken it yet. I know that chamomile tea helps if you are not allergic to it. It soothes and calms everything. But what works for one person may not work for another. I wish you luck on feeling better.

• tonyabrooks306
    5 years ago

Can you give me a link to that specific page of ask a patient?

• HU-46695237
    5 years ago

tonyabrooks306 here u go here one u can also search for other medication

https://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=76048&name=OMEPRAZOLE

• tonyabrooks306
    5 years ago

Those side effects are worse than the problem and many doctors will try to tell you to ignore side effects. Not this one. If the side effects are awful, I will not take the drug. Sheesh! Thanks for the link.

• HU-46695237
    5 years ago

tonyabrooks306 there are people that there problem never left after stopping the med just like me my nightmare started after a month on this medication and a week before or so they even upped my dose and another thing to mention when asked doctors about if it could been the med they told me this is funny even same doctor that did my wrap surgery then when it came to my wrap i asked him why would people do the wrap he said because some people the meds don't help and also some ppl dont want to be on meds all there life he also said because the medication can do brain damage too i was like what the heck every doctor told me it was safe and there was no bad side effects and also that the med could not cause my problem but yet it could damage your brain that's crazy

• tonyabrooks306
    5 years ago

The medication can cause brain damage? Oh, that is just peachy! I KNEW IT! the drugs they give to fix problems are just as dangerous as the ailment. Damned if take it, damned if you don't. UGH! I have been taking a Tagamet or Zantac daily for years and on the bottle it says only take this for seven days. LOL! Yeah! It's either heartburn or crushing chest pain choose your poison. Although, I still drink my Coca Cola and that is a no-no. I had a great aunt die from a bleeding ulcer and am worried that I have ulcers too. Then again, heart disease, cancer, mental illness, and stomach problems just run thru my family history. I guess I am doomed to this party for the rest of my life, partly because I refuse to give up foods/drinks that nearly kill me. I am too stubborn and then suffer for it. Not to mention that I go thru other issues that are female in nature due to perimenopause. Joy! Have you tried that site where you list your symptoms to a dr? I bet you have tried everything. Here are a couple more things. Maybe it is IBS on top of GERD?

http://www.adam.com/ask-a-doctor

https://www.myhomeremedies.com/topic.cgi

https://www.verywellhealth.com/stomach-problems-causes-1945283

• HU-46695237
    5 years ago

Sorry for the late reply with the holiday and all that's what my GI doctor said it could damage your brain and i find it weird that if u go under the reviews so many are having problems and a lot of them nail it down to starting after taking the medication i really do think god put acid in our stomach for a reason and suppressing it will cause problems with digestion ect it helps kill bacteria in food and helps break down food it needed for a enzyme i can't remember the one i have never paid a doctor onlinei did pay to go see a Naturopathy doctor i could tell after the first visit she was just after my money she wanted to bring me in and charge me 175 to tell me test results i could got online for free money to hard to come by to waste i definitely have problems with the bathroom part i don't go for a month when i use to go daily i also have gastroparesis too so my food just sits in my stomach for a long time but i think i got that after surgery

• tonyabrooks306
    5 years ago

Hi. I had an attack a few nights back that was no fun at all. Ugh! My husband was telling me yesterday about a man he works with who vomits after everything he eats, but the doctors say there is nothing wrong with him. How can a person puke constantly and drs say they can't find a thing wrong with them? The man has health insurance thru the job and so he can get good doctors. But they can't find a thing wrong with him. My husband suggested it might be the food that is being eaten due to what is being put into the food. My gut goes from being nauseous to feeling like I haven't eaten a bite in a week rather fast. Can't win.

• HU-46695237
    5 years ago

tonyabrooks306 Hello , yes gastroparesis can cause that and i think h pylori both can make u sick after eating acid reflux can too and your husband is also right sometimes we need to pay attention what we are eating as we have food sensitivities and our body just don't like what we are putting in it also our food today is polluted with all kind of stuff same with me doctors can't seem to help me i am sorry to hear you had a bad attack i wish i could just get some good days some days i can't even think straight or even breath to get up to go to the bathroom without making it half way there then feeling like maybe i should go sit back down because i can't breath and feel like i'm going to pass out remind u i am only 38 a skinny male always been active worked on cars was the type to stay busy now i find it hard to even think straight or get out of bed and move around i just wish i can have my life back i always had faith i would find the answer some where maybe on the net maybe find the right doctor but i'm losing the hope it's been pretty much 5 years of everyday misery i have always just kept pushing forward but i'm just getting tired now i must have been cursed losing both grand parents and my father then my cancer (which they say i'm cancer free now for about 4 years) when my dad passed it was very hard on me i told god take me i was so angry at god i said some hateful things to him well 6 months after i got cancer and what ever been wrong with me ever since i just have no life now it is torture it hard to get others around me to understand what i go threw and they will never understand because it seems i got this thing that doctors don't even know about a long with so many others on the net and we are lost and when i tell family they are quick to say i have that or some kind of answer they have no clue i guess they can't take that someone younger then them is in such bad shape i just wish i could give them 5 minutes in my shoes not alone 5 years i would not wish this on anyone tho it hurts that i can't do the things i use to or want to and always been the type to push myself even after all this started but i am learning not to do it anymore i feel i'm riding a fine line of death when i do i am lost what to do anymore

• tonyabrooks306
    5 years ago

HU-46695237

I haven't eaten much and am fighting an attack right now with my gut feeling like a trash dump. It awful and at times, I wonder if it isn't cancer. Every negative thought goes through a person's head when they feel sick. I am glad that you are cancer free. One of my husband's aunts is near death right now due to stomach cancer which started with her vomiting a lot. It's just scary and disturbing. Yes, going from working and having a normal life to getting so sick after eating will make you afraid to eat and cause you to starve yourself. Either way, I get sick. Thing is, if I go without food, my blood sugar drops and I start shaking and nearly faint. I know that there are those who think there is nothing wrong with you, but truthfully, they would not want these symptoms. I wish they were in my mind then, I could will it away. I tell you that I am not suicidal or anything, but I can understand those that do take their lives when they are miserably sick. Also, I think God understands your anger and frustration. My grandmother who passed from lung cancer always said, "We never know what we are going to have to suffer through before we pass on." That is the truth. My wish is that someone will finally figure out what this is and do something to help the people who suffer from it.

• tonyabrooks306
    5 years ago

I have heard people tell me that if I cut out caffeine, fizzy drinks, and sugar it will help the symptoms. I think I need to try to cut these things again. I had tried before a few times, but the head ache feels like a hammer trying to pry off the top of my skull. But still, I think I would rather have the head pain as to keep suffering this stomach sickness and gasping for breath.

• HU-46695237
    5 years ago

I Bet it would help i found even toothpaste was affecting me and a lot of times my reactions would not get real bad till the next day like coffee i would get heartburn the next day from it i find it sad but i more less ad to go to one food and try to trade off every 3 days to see what kept my symptoms low i lived off cabbage for 6 months i find watching my diet is a tool i use to help myself and taking the vitamin d drinking beer help some my symptoms to i just don't understand what\s wrong with me and how to fix it or have better control over it i have not drink pop or coffee for years i drink water and beer lol

• tonyabrooks306
    5 years ago

Well, I haven't eaten anything that should trigger this stuff, but ate a couple of sandwiches with only bread and a slice of turkey and drank water with it. I did this an hour ago and now, I am feeling sick to my stomach. You aren't the only one that doesn't understand what is going on. Back in the 90s my brother had gallstones and he practically had to live on turkey sandwiches because the attacks were so bad. He around 16 and mom finally got him into laposcopic surgery to get them removed and he hasn't had stomach problems since. He thinks I have gallstones. I just don't know.

• HU-46695237
    5 years ago

turkey and bread messes with me too so don't potatoes and tomatoes and also spicy stuff like Italian dressing really it seems like all food does but some are worst then others i find staying away spicy stuff , coffee, pop, gluten, stuff that made with corn and high fructose stuff like that helps i have ear ringing and when it gets louder i know it was a no no i ate some pasta yesterday and i my ringing got loud and my eyes got blood shot and i get tired after i eat like i have been drugged i also get numb hands mostly when i lye down to go to sleep i find if i don't eat i feel better it's like it calms down but hard to do we need food and i'm starving i find butterball turkey is better for me then the cheaper ones they put flavor in turkey so when u buy em they already have it i find butterball better i would eat a bologna sandwich i would feel bad also cottage cheese some food like the potatoes and cottage cheese gave me bad brain fog smoking ciggs just make all my symptoms worse it's never ending i get very week in my lega and arms also i get bad headaches too i also get head tension and face tension not sure what's causing it food causing all my symptoms, digestion causing it, food causing anxiety, acid reflux i am not sure

• tonyabrooks306
    5 years ago

I was just researching. I'd almost bet you went into Andropause which is male menopause. Thing is, there are a lot of sites that refuse to add digestive problems into the list of symptoms and for men, doctors are still debating if Andropause actually exists. I would wager that it does and digestive issues are one of the symptoms with that as well. And just like a woman, a man can start this crap in his 30s. Of course a lot of drs refuse to accept that even women are having problems in their 30s because they just look at us and say we are too young to be experiencing that. Such BS! We are not all the same like out of cookie cutters, we are individuals with individual issues. I hope more men come out and let it be known that they suffer from these types of issues just like women do. Problem is, this stuff can go on for years, well into old age. Brain fog, weakness, mood swings, gut problems, numbness and tingly feelings in extremites and even in the head/face. Things you describe are just like what a female can experience in perimenopause. Finding something to really help is the kicker.

• tonyabrooks306
    5 years ago

Symptoms of Menopause that could happen in men:

1.Headaches, migraines
    2.Clumsiness, accident prone
    3.Lethargy, tired all the time and crashing fatigue
    4.Hormonal imbalance can worsen any illness that you have.
    5.Insomnia-difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
    6.Nightmares, hot flashes, night sweats
    7.Muscle cramps anywhere in your body
    8.Digestive problems-bloating, gas, nausea, slow digestion, indigestion, constipation or diarrhea
    9.Feeling need to urinate a lot
    10.Hypoglycemic Reactions-blood sugar crashes and you must eat
    11.Increase or decrease in appetite
    12.Joint and muscle pain, increased tension in muscles-fibromyalgia
    13.Hair loss
    14.Cold or hot extremities
    15.Dizziness, lightheadedness, loss of balance, feeling faint
    16.Ringing in ears
    17.Heart palpitations, racing heart
    18.Itchy skin
    19.Teeth and gum pain, swollen and bleeding gums
    20.Burning tongue and mouth, bad taste in mouth
    21.Memory problems
    22.Tingling in extremities, and head or sensations of electric shock
    23.Immune system issues, increase in allergies, etc
    24.Dry mouth, dry and itchy eyes
    25.Arthritis flare ups worsen
    26.Changes in bone density
    27.Liver and gallbladder issues
    28.Depression, feeling like you are about to die
    29.Anxiety, panic attacks
    30.Mood swings
    31.Chest pains that make you fear you are having a heart attack

• HU-46695237
    5 years ago

another day of drinking and getting drunk just to deal with the problems

• HU-46695237
    5 years ago

wow a lot of the symptoms u pasted i have i did not think men could go threw Menopause i thought that was a women thing lol

• tonyabrooks306
    5 years ago

I forgot to add, problems with your thyroid. The other parts are specific to the female gender. That link above goes to a list of things and tons of comments from sufferers. It has 94 pages of comments. One thing we have in common is that it seems to help to talk about the problems. It's weird.

• HU-46695237
    5 years ago

is there a test for this? where did u read the comments?

• tonyabrooks306
    5 years ago

Patient info <--- That is the site. The list is at the top.

• HU-46695237
    5 years ago

i just can\t seem to get any help from doctors all test negative left with fibro and anxiety and acid reflux but yet i don't know how to get over the hump as everything i eat or even the medication for anxiety make my physical symptoms worst or even any medication will do this it just don't make sense pretty much 5 years 24/7 with physical symptoms i fight on a daily basis if there was a pill i could take one or maybe even 2 times a week only it may not be so bad but even when i'm strict eating my best food avoiding everything i can it's bad enough and when i do something that makes it worst it takes days for my body to calm back down after i go back to the strict things i was doing before this is just torture i want my life back

• tonyabrooks306
    5 years ago

@ HU-46695237 I have heard other men talk about vomiting after they eat and having digestive problems and then they got Alex Jones' Living Defense and they claim it helps them. Here are some links to it.

Store

Survival Shield

Living Defense

Hope this helps.

• Amy Young
    4 years ago

I wanted to share my info. I started having hot flashes burning from the inside out. Awful crying feeling like your going to die. Doctor tells me its all in my head..lol..no.. so after 4 years it was my vitamin D level was so low it was triggering everything to tell me there was something wrong.. I was a 9 it should be 90%

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County