SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Major damage calls for major recovery ...

roselee z8b S.W. Texas
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

About six weeks after a major hail storm swept through parts of San Antonio I'm happy to report there's been a major recovery.

The Mexican olive tree passed along to me by MsRed Byrd Irene was stripped of foliage and flower buds, but look at it now ...

Same thing with the fragrant Mock orange. The heavy tropical fragrance wafts through the yard ...

Even the agaves that were cut back severely have grow several new leaves ...

The trunks of the plumerias were heavily damaged and a couple of them are doing this, but others are blooming ...

The rapid recovery is no doubt due to the wonderful rains and fertilizer. Foliage plants like New Zealand castor bean, finger leaf philodendron and Iresine have grown phenomenally after being shredded ...

Iresine ...

Pretoria cannas that had to be cut back to the soil line are up and blooming ...

A major player contributing to my joy wasn't even around six weeks ago. Now he practically owns the place. Alfie! For those who didn't read another post mentioning him; Alfie mysteriously showed up on our front porch trying to hide behind some flower pots on Mother's Day. Bob teases that he was 'planted' there by my kids ... :-) He's such a bold outgoing little fellow Bob said he'd probably end up being the alpha dog among our pack of three canines so I named him Alfie.

He's grown a lot too. Smartest little happy dog I've ever had ...

Life is good ...

Comments (25)