SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

2010 Trane unit not cooling leaking (sorry id duplicate post)

andrelaplume2
7 years ago

I keyed in my info, hit post and was taken to a HOUZZ page...miss the old gardenweb.
Anyway, have 2009 or 2010 Trane unit. Stat set on 72 last night. Awoke to 76 in house. Removed filter...did not look bad but wet. Peaked in bottom of unit under filter...wet and dripping. Noticed I had left humidifier plugged in but it did not appear to be running and house is at 38%. Unplugged it. Left new filter out for now. Set stat on 85 and am letting fan run. Still hear dripping down plastic pipe to drain.
Called installer. Said they could come out June 6! I sort of screamed and suddenly they can come out May 31. Still unacceptable. Explained I chose them (as did my DAD and just recently my boss upon my recommendation!) because they claimed to have adequate service staff and part availability. Its not even summer yet. Lady explained I should have bought a $225 contract that gets me 24 hour service. BTW, $225 a year! That's an expensive Fast Pass!
Anyway, not sure if I should call another installer - likely be at bottom of their list. Is there any thing I can do...see if it stops dripping and try firing it up again....anything to unclog? The unit has a 10 year warranty...but I don't even know if its a warranty issue...thoughts?

Comments (33)