SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
firewontquell

Have four fiddle leaf figs to repot and looking for advice re design

Hi all,

At end of season last year I suddenly found myself with four fiddle leaf figs (nursery sale). It is two "groups" of two plants each-- so two pots, each with two plants. Since it was end of season, I didn't repot them even though they came in pretty bad soil. Now that it is spring again, I am looking to repot them in a variant of the gritty mix. The two larger plants, which are potted together, are each about 3.5-4 feet tall. The two smaller plants are maybe 2 or 2.5 feet tall. All the plants have leaves all the way up the trunk.

My end goal is to have a tree shape, and that's where I need the advice. I know to clip the growing tip when the plant is less than the height I want, etc etc. My question is one of aesthetics-- I know (mostly from tapla, thanks!) that you can take multiple trees and make them into one tree shape. I don't know whether I should try the multiple tree idea with all four plants, or pot them separately, or some combination of the two (such as three together, 1 separate). I don't have a great eye for how it will turn out.

I can take pictures of the trees when I get off work, if that is helpful.

Many thanks!

Comments (23)