SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

Small house, bedroom, closet, simple door

caroline94535
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

It's not happening folks.

The handi-girl picked up my single bi-fold door in late March/early April. She was going to lightly stain and finish it. She said she'd get it hung the next weekend, or no later than two weeks out.

She was happy to hang the two halves of the bi-fold as hinged French doors.

It's now the end of May.

Apparently she sent her son over here Sunday while we were gone. She had not called ahead; we did not have an appointment. We had no idea when, or if, she was bringing the door back.

The boys were banging on the door; my neighbor came over and helped them bang. The were shouting for me. The guys left three calls on my home phone and the same on my cell. The neighbor left two calls on each. Ludicrous!

They were frantic. "Why didn't you answer the door?!" Welllll....Because I was 75 miles out of town that day!

I told them it's a good clue that if I don't answer the door or phone, I'm not at home. When we go out for relaxation I do not take my cell phone.

She said they would bring the door back and install it Tuesday at 5 p.m.

They did not.

On Wednesday, with no warning and right when we were so busy, she sent her 16-year-old son, and his 16-year-old cousin, back over last night. She had told me there would be an adult carpenter supervising them; there was not.

They carried the wood door through a drenching storm. They tried installing it to open right; it didn't work. They tried installing it to open left; it didn't work and now there are extra holes in the door frame.

A small plastic piece broke off the hanging bracket. They tried using Super Glue on it. Didn't work.

I told them to put the door out on the back porch. I'll talk to his mother when I get back from my trip to Arkansas and Texas around June 20.

The strain is far too dark and very blotchy. The door stinks; I suppose that's the stain. I am not happy.

The door is 36" wide. I'm going to hang a rod and put a happy-looking curtain up instead of a bi-fold door.

Comments (2)