SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eliasgrace

Which is more important? Height of cooktop or height of clean-up sink

eliasgrace
7 years ago

Hi All,

(Note -- I alluded to this question before on a different post about sink depths but posting specifically about the countertop to get a wider range of responses!)

I am debating lowering my L-Shaped run of counters to 35" (from 36.5" -- standard for my cabinet maker) which include the cooktop on the short side of the "L" and the clean-up sink on the long side of the "L". My secondary prep space (between the cooktop and the sink) will also be included this run of counters. My island will be my primary prep space and will be set at 34". I'm only 5'2" and 34" is perfect for me b/c I usually prep on a large 1.5" tall Boos block. My dilemma is whether to keep the L counters at 36.5, which would be ideal for the clean-up sink. Lowering the counters would make my 9" undermount sink feel a tad too deep for me. I know I could get a 7" or 8" deep sink but I like the bigger sink depth to hide my dirty dishes.

However, lowering the counters to 35" would be great for my cooktop and 2nd prep area and make it closer to my ideal height of 34".

What to do, optimize comfort for cooktop/2nd prep or cleanup sink???

Comments (4)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm