SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ngraham_gw

A couple of daylilies to begin the season

Nancy
7 years ago

Actually, I've had a few daylilies to bloom before these. Fern Stone had a couple of blooms last week. It was quite cold though, it took 3 days for the first bloom to open, & by then, I wished it hadn't :) The 2nd took 2 days & wasn't much better. It is warmer now, I hope future ones are better. There aren't a lot of buds on Fern Stone, I would like to see a good one if it doesn't rebloom. Siloam Double Classic bloomed, but the bloom was way down in the foliage. Here is Neon Rainbow, always an early one, I like the pattern

Lace Cookies, I've had this a long time & always look forward to seeing it in the spring. The light is reflecting off of it, really a prettier soft yellow than this shows

No more daylilies for today, but here is a rain lily. I used to have some rain lilies that bloomed white & faded to a light pink. They seem to have died out, so last spring I bought some from the Dollar tree, not really expecting much from them. They didn't bloom much last year, but starting out pretty good. The white ones weren't nearly so large as this one.

I can never remember what this annual is, it is a mouthful that I can't pronounce. Everyone always thinks it is Queen Anne's Lace. Very pretty, one of those annuals that blooms & died away, reseeds like mad even when I'm quick to pull it out, but I think it is so pretty.

Well, as that famous pig once said "Th th that's all folks!"

Comments (17)