SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pj_treadwell

Moving into 1952 cottage to help "save the pink bathrooms".

Paula T
7 years ago

I'm moving into a 1952 cottage in Waco, Texas. I intend to restore the home to it's vintage 1952 glory. Fortunately, aside from adding modern windows OVER the vintage windows, which I will remove, the house is pretty much a "time capsule" home that is entirely original owner. I will be weather proofing the original windows with weather stripping and custom interior storm windows to preserve the "face" of the house and make them efficient. :) . I'm excited and looking for ideas of how to work with vintage or antique building materials. The home was built by obvious craftsman builders. It's as sturdy as a rock right down to the ship lap construction. The solitary owner did everything possible to up keep her beautiful home. I'm sorry she has passed, as I would love to talk to her about any details pertaining to the home's history. Such as information about the trunk room. Mid century homes didn't often have these! This home is nestled in a neighborhood full of restored turn of the century Victorians, so it does make sense. The home shows many Victorian accents that are just gorgeous as well. I plan to add to while being careful not to go over board! I hope to do this dear lady's home justice!

Comments (18)