SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tdmiscoe_homes

Critique Kitchen Floorplan

tdmiscoe_homes
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We just purchased a 1938 cottage this week and have gutted the 1960s kitchen. I thought I had the perfect kitchen floor plan. Then I realized that the back door opens to the driveway instead of the patio. I have young children and right now they can play on the patio while I cook dinner. Its very nice because they can play and I can see them. I realized that with this design you cannot access the patio directly let alone see kids playing. So my thought is to switch the existing door with the refrigerator. I really do not want a door opening to the driveway with two small children anyways.

The kitchen will open up to family room/breakfast area which measures 21x14. I have included photo of my French doors at our current house. They are about 8' long and allow me to keep an eye on the littles while cooking.

I can move anything around. (My husband is a contractor). I am ordering Cabinets tomorrow ( Monday) afternoon!!!! Help!!!!!

I am having trouble with the website. The floorplan and photos are in the comments section.

Comments (15)