SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
slake2000

Struggling with Master Bath Layout for Addition

slake2000
7 years ago

I was initially going to remodel existing rooms and was close to getting everything like I wanted it. Instead of eliminating bedrooms we have decided to do an addition. This is what I had when I was going to convert the bedrooms:

The addition is going to be on the other side of the house:
This is the close up of the master bath section:
The scale is 1 sq. ft. per square. One of the problems is the weight bearing wall. It is easy enough to add a doorway but a large opening would difficult. I was going to use a big brass tub as a focal point framed with an architectural arch.
the house is a spanish style white stucco with red roof home. Also, I was trying to make it seem more like another room instead of screaming bathroom. So initially upon entering the bathroom the vanities are more like furniture pieces with an electric fireplace that does double duty to also warm up the bathroom on cold days. The strange angles are giving me fits. The house, the garage that someone closed in, and the existing detached garage are all at different angles. The little half bath at the top right is for guest since it will be right next to a door that leads out onto the patio. Before I had makeup vanity in the closet but there isn't room for in the closet now and I haven't found another place for it.

Also, I can't flip flop the bedroom and bathroom because the bedroom has the french doors leading out onto the patio and the view.

Any ideas of how to rearrange the pieces?

Comment